Tuesday 19 March 2019

From StuartL: Necromunda Gang (25 points)

Tick tock, the deadline is getting closer. Time to post some stuff.

Recently I bought a box of the new Necromunda Goliaths. I used to run a Goliath gang way back when and I wanted to see what the new figures were like. There isn't much interest locally in the game, but I figured the models would be fun to build and paint anyway.


I assembled the models with whatever took my fancy, so I'm not sure if these would all be considered game legal or not. The models are huge, much bigger than the previous ones and bulkier than I expected. GW has never been very good with sizes, but this isn't so much scale creep as scale gallop.


That said, the figures are great. There are 2 sets of 5 bodies in the box and a decent enough mix of heads, arms and armour to customise them. The arms attach snugly to the body with odd shaped joints. This makes the impressive musculature seem more natural, but limits the poses of the weapons. If you wanted to build an army of these guys you'd soon find yourself duplicating certain figures, but for a small skirmish game you should be fine.


Painting these guys up was a lot of fun. The details are clean and crisp, there are plenty of different textures to work on and the bases are all covered in nice 3D detail too. These models show why GW has a reputation for high quality minis and the price per model isn't bad for a skirmish game. They do look a little cartoony, so may not be to everyone's taste, but I like them.

In total, 5x 28mm minis is 25 points and also racks me up another Squirrel point.

Scale gallop! In fairness, it is scale creep but over 20 years. The new Goliaths are pretty nice, I've got some in my mountain. I like the blue accents.

Barks

4 comments: