Tuesday 19 March 2019

From TeemuL: Cromwells, Squirrel 9 (16 points)

So I'm past my target and I really can't won the Squirrel race, but there's something ready (and something else to be ready), so I'll collect all the points I can.


I recently bought some tanks for TANKS and here are the first two of them. Two Cromwell IVs, first one is a "regular" tank, another is CS variant with OQF 95mm howitzer. They have no markings, since I plan to use them mainly on TANKS, which is not that historical game. I might use them later for other games, so I like to have my options open. I just painted them with Goblin Green (really!) and added some reddish brown to imitate camouflage. Nothing very special or spectacular, but more than enough for a casual game of TANKS. They should fit quite nicely to Normandy and areas nearby.

CS is intended for close support and it has no extra equipment whereas the regular variant is intended for longer range, so I'd imagine it would need some extra fuel and other stuff. These two Cromwell tanks give me another 16 points and when combined with earlier SU-152 I'll get enough 28mm WW2 points to claim another squirrel.


List of my Squirrels here, just to keep my calculations correct and help the Duels Wallah and other interested individuals:

28mm Lord of the Rings, 28mm WH40K, 28mm General Fantasy, Age of
Sigmar, Dungeons & Dragons Boardgames, 28mm Ancient Greek, 28mm Pulp, 28mm Oldhammer, 15mm WW2

__________________________________________________________________

Wait, Cromwell's Squirrels? That sounds like a wonky English Civil War dragoon unit, rushing hither and thon, from Pilar to post, chasing shiny objects and Cavaliers over the countryside.

Ah, maybe the next challenge. Instead, we have tanks rushing hither and thon, from Pilar to post, chasing shiny objects and German tanks over the Norman countryside.

Sixteen points of happy tanking to Teemu!

7 comments: