Tuesday 19 March 2019

From NoelW: The beginning of the end (135 points)

As the clock ticks down, I can see too many unfinished figures staring at me. I think I'll manage three posts before the world ends on Wednesday (actually Thursday here, but who's counting?) The third, I hope, will be a big one - ending with a bang, with luck.

So here's a handful of mounted men-at-arms to keep things ticking down, for the Wars of the Roses or, as Iain has suggested, maybe the Italian Wars.











Secondly, six pikemen who could perhaps accompany these cavalry, if in a very poor retinue, but really belong 50 years earlier, in the Hundred Years War. I didn't quite manage to finish them in time to post with the previous six. All these medievals are, needless to say, Perry Miniatures.







Thirdly, I've nine armed civilians suitable for my Sealion and Walmington-on-Sea project. They're Sloppy Jallopy figures, sold at shows by Sally 4th. They're intended to man barges, longboats or canals - hence the slightly nautical attire of some of them - and brilliantly come with separate heads, so a very wide set of configurations is possible.






Apologies for the slightly messy photos. They were done in haste (to maximise painting time). That static grass gets everywhere - it's not static at all!

The next post, within a few hours, will be a small one. Then, close (probably very close) to the deadline, will be my last words, a post which hopefully will be a tad bigger.

15 infantry and 6 cavalry: 135 points


_______________________________________

Wow, the Noel Painting Machine grinds ever on. Fabulous stuff. Great work on the Gendarmes and pikemen Mr. W, but I have to say that the stars for me are the armed civilian types. Very cool minis those (to which I think I may need a few for my Pulp games (note to self...).

Another mittfull of points to reinforce your top position in the points standings. Well done Noel!

8 comments:

  1. There's no stopping you, is there?

    Lovely work Noel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Noel. I really like those wharf rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noel, has anybody told you it's okay to take a breather to eat, sleep, talk to other living beings at all? You have nearly 1000 points on MilesR so take it easy and prise that brush from your hands mate! brilliant stuff though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely later knights and Pikemen! I really like your armed civilians,they're very characterful!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. An eclectic but wonderful bunch you got there!

    ReplyDelete