Sunday 29 December 2019

From PeterD: 28mm Italian Wars House


First post for me is a BUA for my Italian Wars project in 28mm.  This piece is from TTCombat and I picked it up at Meeplemart during a trip to Toronto the Centre of the Universe last fall.  




This was my first kit from TTC and I was quite pleased with it.  TTC uses a heavy pdf than Sarissa or Warbases and it required a bit of work with the Xacto to trim the pieces from the frame and to make sure than Tab A fit in Slot B securely.  As such there are some gaps on this first effort that hopefully will be rectified on further efforts.  Paint work is very basic, I left the pdf and greyboard unprimed and used washes in various earth tones.



As can be seen TTC provide some interior details but I chose not to paint the interiors.  I glued the two floors together but left the roof as lift off, but the upper story could be left in lift off state as well.  This would be useful in skirmish gaming.



This kit (plus two other on the workbench) come from TTC' Streets of Venice range which is worth checking out.  The structures would be useful for many historical periods plus fantasy gaming.  Although labelled for Venice I think it will do for any Italian locale.  I was quite pleased when I showed this to my wife (who unlike me has been to Tuscany) who said it looked like Sienna.  



Points wise the building is 6" tall, 6"long and 3" wide.  That's a perfect demi-cube and an easy to calculate 10 points. 

________________________________

That's a very nice looking kit, Peter.  I like the corner detail and the edge profile on the tile roofing. I suppose that this would work well for periods from the Renaissance to modern day, as this type of design is fairly timeless. A great addition to your terrain collection!

Well done Peter and welcome back to the Challenge.

-Curt

29 comments:

  1. Thanks Curt. I think it’s a pretty useful building, and agree on your time line. It could be used in other Med theatres with Italian influences too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Peter - always good to be off the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the TTG Venetian buildings are ace. I especially like the tower, though it rather dominates the battlefield. I've several of these on the workbench, so your nicely weathered building is great as a model to emulate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Noel. Looking forward to seeing your work. The tower looks the bomb on their site.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, been looking at these for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martin. I’ve got a couple more TTC pieces to follow later in the Challenge.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking renaissance Italian building, I've got a pile of these I'm working on the district is pretty good value and the interiors aren't detailed which works for me. The only thing I'm less keen on is the flat roofs so I'm adding pitched tiles roofs to mine. Yours has turned out really well and having been to Tuscany I think Sienna is a good shout!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Iain. Looking forward to seeing how yours yours turn out. How have the mods worked with the heavier MDF?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work you can smell the fresh bread and olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a massive fan of the ttcombat buildings having made and painted a load for Carnevale and you've done this one proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. I can see myself picking up more from the range.

      Delete
  9. Nice work Peter, I'm in the 'can never have too many buildings' stage at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. I agree with you whole heartedly. If you haven't got a use for them in terms of scenario objectives etc, they still look nice on the edge of the battlefield. Plus it’s nice to fight over different sets of BUAs from game to game.

      Delete