Friday 10 January 2020

From BillA - Spaceport Security Detail (25 points)

2020 is honestly shaping up to be my year for wargaming, at least on the skirmish front.  My friend Tom and I have been enjoying the heck out of the Fistful of Lead family of games from Wiley Games; originally designed around western gunfights, it's evolved into a family of skirmish games in a variety of genres.  Lately, we've been playing a lot of "Galactic Heroes," the science fiction variant, and demoing it at our friendly local game store.  We've gotten a couple of other people hooked, and had some very interested bystanders, so we're definitely looking at expanding our demonstrations, so I've been trying to get a bunch of "lender" crews together for people who'd like to try the game out.


This crew comprises a portion of the bureaucracy and security of a busy spaceport.  Leading this crew is Customs Agent Gilda Citlax, an overworked amphibian produced by Crooked Dice Games as part of their recent "Colony 87" Kickstarter.  I wanted some really bright colors for her to contrast with the more muted tones of her crew, and Vallejo's "Hot Orange" really hit the right note as the base for her skin.


Supporting Agent Citlax is this Impound Officer, a "Krogglogg Hunter" produced by Lead Adventure Miniatures as part of their "Astropolis" line of dystopian science fiction figures.  He's there to shoot out the power couplings on spaceships that have unpaid parking tickets.



Rounding out the crew are a trio of Security Officers (an-add on from Crooked Dice's Colony 87 Kickstarter).  In game terms, these are "Regulars," low quality troops that form the basis of any crew.  I tried painting urban camouflage for the first time on these fellows and think it turned out really nicely.

"No...no...damn you, look where I'm pointing, not at my finger.  

All in all, that's five 28mm figures at 5 points apiece, so this crew is worth 25 point.

Cool looking figures, Bill, and this post makes 10 submissions that I've had the pleasure of minioning today.

Tamsin

12 comments:

  1. Sadly I think I’ve encountered these characters after landing stateside. Great work, I especially like the guy with the divers helmet thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun game setting. Nice work on some characterful figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely and I'd be surprised if they'd not be a great incentive for others to join your merry band of gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Bill, particularly like the Krogglogg Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking scifi types !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Bill, some real characters there. And well done on the urban cammo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so awesome. I think it's great that your gaming area has really embraced Galactic Heroes - I love rollicking storytelling skirmish games.

    Your post also reminds me that I have that Lead Adventure 'Astropolis' kickstarter still sitting in its postal box. Absolutely shameful. Must attend to that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had backed the first one and they sat in my shame pile for years before being finished earlier this year. I never backed the second, which I now regret because there was a KS-exclusive figure that I want and now can't get.

      Delete
  8. Lovely work on some eclectic figures, they look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feels very Star Wars, or maybe Mass Effect. Has me wanting to get back into KotOR or Shep's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the security types!

    ReplyDelete