Friday 10 January 2020

From Barks: 15mm WW1 artillery crews (62 points)

I painted one of these guns and crews in 2016 for AHPC VII, my first Challenge. I painted the guns in 2017. For Hawkins' Hill, I've pulled my finger out and painted the remaining crew. Silver Whistle convinced me to go 40mm round bases.



16x 15mm +32 (just the crew, not the tubes)
Hawkins' Hill +30

So this leaves me with five locations complete, and I'm bracing myself for an attempt on the northeast face of Snowlord's Peak.

PS: FYI there are no apostrophes in Australian placenames.


Those gun crews look spiffing. Five locations done? I'll pass you over to the tender ministrations of Curt for your next Island challenge.

Tamsin

23 comments:

  1. Really nice guns and crews, congrats even if it did take you 3 years to complete. I do like the round bass too and terraformed them nicely.
    Thanks for the grammar tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In BarksTime, 3 years is a blink of an eye...

      Delete
  2. Super looking crew and nice bases!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just taken five years to complete three 1/72 models myself, I would say you are proceeding at a rush! Well done, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should have left them to mature longer...

      Delete
  4. Great guns!!

    Nice that you could get back to these after a little hiatus. The break served them well.

    No apostrophes!? Wow weird. What, they didn't get offloaded from the transports and New Zealand got extra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice! I am shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

      Delete
    2. Smoke and mirrors, mate. I apparently need a better handler.

      Delete
  5. That’s some mighty fine ordnance there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just save the apostrophes for people's names you see :-)

    Nice artillery park JB - now you need to do some small vignettes with massive piles of expended shells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punctuation hog.

      Actually, that would look pretty cool...

      Delete
  7. Fantastic looking battery. The round bases were a good call.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good climb here Barks, nice to see these fine gunners out of the backlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you; some things sit in the pile for far too long.

    ReplyDelete