Friday 10 January 2020

From MikeF - Entry Fee and Prize - Ork Deffkopta (50 points)

The entry fee for the painting challenge this year is to paint a prize for winners of Challenge Island. I used the opportunity to paint a model from my collection that I always wanted to paint, but always seemed to get pushed further down the painting queue. I purchased the model from Puppets War several years ago and I believe it represents an ork deffkopta. It’s very orky and completely bonkers. It’s literally a jet engine with wings and the pilot is sitting on the combustion chamber. That would normally be a problem if it weren’t for the fact that there is no fuel tank! This lends credit to the idea that ork technology only works because they believe is does. Hopefully it can be a nice addition for someone who is more motivated at painting an ork army than I am.





By the Snowlord, that's a bonkers contraption. Nice battering of the paintjob too! You forgot to sum up the points so I'll do it for you:
28mm crew figure - 5 points
28mm vehicle - 20 points
Curtgeld bonus - 25 points
Total - 50 points

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks fun! And good. Really nice weathering and I like the model, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonkers little fighter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely weathering on your very orky fighter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see Ryanair looking to greenlight a design like this...great job Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great work Mike. I like how the 'aircraft' has these little landing wheels (casters?) on the wingtips. I have the suspicion that these are merely a conceit for taking off because landing is not really an 'envisioned design feature' with this thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure the air intake is big enough.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete