Friday 10 January 2020

From TomG - Wild West Exodus Golden Army (40 points)

Welcome back everyone to another selection of random figures I've had lying around unpainted for too long, this time we have the Golden Army crew set, from the game Wild West Exodus, made up of 4 Conquistador style miniatures led by a Matriarch with a Holy Hand Grenade.

These guys ride mechanical horses, called Blackhoofs, in to battle, however I didn't actually want them to be black owing to the faction being called the Golden Army. Although initially a struggled to like these figures, the final family photo isn't all that bad, even if I do say so myself. 

I don't get to play this game much due to a real slump in interest locally, but I still love the theme to the figures, a sort of twisted wild west /steam punk feel, but still having enough variety to get character in to the armies. 

Well here we go, some individual photos of the four models making the force, I hope you like them. 




The quantity of metallic shades was a struggle to paint, but once I got my drybrush out, and I relaxed a bit, I sailed through them. The bases were kept very simple as they will be playing pieces first and foremost, and I wanted them to fit the wild west theme in my head and the gaming board. 

Take care, and I'll see you soon with another dive in to my array of unfinished starter sets haha! 

Scoring - 
4x mounted 32mm (counting them as 28mm) = 40pts


Those mechanical horses look fab and fun - great painting on them and their riders! 40 points coming your way!

Tamsin

25 comments:

  1. Holy Handgrenade those are awesome. Love those mechanical horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting entry and very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were certainly odd to paint haha. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Great looking mechanical horses and riders, especially the matriarch!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - very different! Well done, pretty cool figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, they were a change for me as I try to avoid too much metal on a figure haha.

      Delete
  5. Very, very cool looking miniatures with terrific paintjobs - wow. I really like that abbess, she'd be a great addition to a Sisters of Battle collection. Hmmm. (strokes chin...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh now that's a blinding idea! Especially with the new stuff from GW. Thank you

      Delete
  6. I really like these unusual figures, awesome paintjob and colour scheme. The bases are also very tasteful. Excellent entry all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... now these figures don’t really float my boat but the paint job is very nice! Your take on metallics is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing they're not your ticket means that the compliment is all the sweeter, thank you. Whilst painting them I was unsure how I felt about the metallics, but I am glad it has worked out.

      Delete
  8. Interesting figures and a great paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on these but they are a little weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed weird, and the range they come from only gets weirder. Thank you though.

      Delete
  10. Awesome looking figures and paint jobs! There are not that many wild west exodus figures that I really like, but these are really great, both the figure and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Byron, and I know what you mean about some of the Wild West Exodus range being a little... nuanced in taste haha. But I'm glad you like these, thank you.

      Delete