Saturday 22 February 2020

From DarrellH - Battle of Shrewsbury 1096; Curved Norman Outer Wall III (20 Points)

Yes, the excitement is now tangible as I present to you a section of a Curved Norman Motte and Bailey Outer Wall! I know! It's so exciting! :>)

Seriously though, I've actually had great fun painting up these resins thus far and have some village type buildings ready cleaned and undercoated ready for some action with the brush.


I'm going to start working on the terrain tiles that I have ordered from Panel Systems which I will talk about a little in a future post. To start with I am just going to go for a tile that is very plain; the theory being to build up your skills slowly. Not to jump in feet first as I have been known to do. These will make a nice surface in which to position the buildings on for photography as opposed to my workbench which is kind of, well, a work bench.....




And of course, the now ubiquitous attention to detail!


***
If there is one thing I like better than well painted miniatures, it is well painted terrain!  Great job here Darrell, this is really great looking!  The base work is great as are the walls themselves, super clean looking work here.  And yes, that shield is a really nice added touch, and hand painted patters to boot!

I for one can not wait to see some pictures of your completed terrain project here!

- ByronM

18 comments:

  1. Is this going to be a wall section a day for the next few weeks then Darrell? ;)

    The castle is coming along nicely - great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no! I think it's beginning to drive me nuts after just three sections! It looks like I might have to distract myself with some Dark Age buildings.... which are pain ted pretty much the same way.... meh.... :>)

      Delete
  2. That is lovely! Its going to be a draw dropping project once its finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. There's a long way to go just yet! :>)

      Delete
  3. Loving this. Grand Manner stuff is such a joy to work on. I hope we'll get to see the interior buildings soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're up next. After a little sojourn into some 11th century dwellings in an effort not to go insane :>)

      Delete
  4. Ooh a curved wall section! Excellent finish on another lovely piece of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a Great Wall. Looking forward to seeing the whole of Shrewsbury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole of 11th Century Shrewsbury will not be on display lol A wee part of it maybe :)

      Delete
  6. A nicely done wall - looking forward to a couple of gates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You laugh but I am actually looking forward to painting something less wall-ish!

      Delete
  7. It's a big project mate but I think it's turning a corner now 😉

    ReplyDelete