Saturday 22 February 2020

From JamesM: 15mm Rebel Colonists (For Lady Sarah's Balloon) - 14 points

Hi folks,

Definitely needing to re-focus my priorities, but I'm almost at the end of the treasure hunt!

Today's sacrifice to the great balloon in the sky consists of two female 15mm GZG armed colonists.


Given their rebel tendencies, I figures something sparkling from my homeland would be be appropriate.



I tried to go with quite bright, non military colours for these gals. Both are armed with some rather interesting looking rifles. I've really appreciated having an easy way of painting darker skin tones, which Mr Docherty had put me onto. As such, I've been trying to make my humans a little more diverse.

My destination for this journey is to Burch's Bluff, my final location before onward travel to see the Big Man.

2 x 15mm infantry: 4 points
Bubbly bonus: 10 points

***
These two figures look really nice James, and are once again from a company I have never seen anything from before (at least that I remember).  The bright colours work here and show of the figures quite nicely.  

Sarah's balloon has certainly been busy this challenge, at this rate maybe she should have laid claim to the figures being painted for it, she would have quite the collection already!

- ByronM

12 comments:

  1. Nice work on these 15s James. Love Ms T (based on haircut). Good luck with the big blue guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, irn bru is minging though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool minis James. Like Tamsin, I really like the 'hawk on the ginger girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking pair of sci fi types, I'm with Martin as far as the irn bru though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done.
    "Made in Scotland from girders" I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers folks! Regarding Irn Bru, I wouldn't expect most of you uncultured lot to appreciate the nectar of the gods. Too used to your earl grey and Pimm's pish. Pft. Southerners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 🎈Loving the Ginger Lady!
    These two gals look like “belters” from The Expanse ... tough, equally ready to fight or repair a space ship. Lady S welcomes two such interesting characters aboard the Balloon, Bar service is open and Netflix is streaming!🎈
    I’ve never had the opportunity to sample Irn Bru, curious to know if it’s even available in the hinterlands of Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive painting skills and good to see another IRN BRU fan - seems true appreciation of this gift of the gods, goes with Scots blood in your veins!

    ReplyDelete