Saturday 22 February 2020

From TamsinP: Doyle's Dockers (20 points)


Before returning to the barbarian horde, I thought I'd knockout a few more figures for my Pulp project. I decided that they looked like the types you might find hanging around the docks, hence "Doyle's Dockers".





For the two in shirtsleeves, I reckon they arrived in America from the old country (somewhere in Central or Eastern Europe where fashions are a bit behind the times) not too long ago and Doyle has benevolently taken them on as muscle for his various rackets.

The figures are 28mm from Eureka Miniatures (they are the Victorian Criminals pack).

For scoring:
4 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 20 points

***
Great job on these Tamsin.  As always I love your work, its very smooth and clean looking.  While you used a super limited palette here, it works so well with them, they look very sharp.  Also the simple (and I assume home made from green stuff or milliput) bases are awesome.  While simple, the painting an shading on them make them look super believable.  

- ByronM







16 comments:

  1. Great looking dock hands, Tamsin! They look a sketchy lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome Tamsin, like the way you've managed the mean looks on their faces. But surely they should be called DaveD's Dockers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking quartet of muscle!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like a well set bunch of thugs. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ll keep well clear of these lads. Great work on the subtle shades of grey and black, and love the street pavers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Byron - thanks! The bases are indeed sculpted from Milliput; If I was starting the project from scratch, I would probably snip off the integral bases and mount them on acrylic circles, but I started this way so have to carry on with it. :)

    @ Curt - cheers! They're definitely a shady bunch. :)

    @ Sander - thanks! I think I already have Dave D covered with an earlier group. :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! I think the top highlight on the blue-black was a little extreme, particularly on those trousers - I may go back over them with a glaze to tone it down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really nice, Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your Pulp stuff Tamsin 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Noel - thanks! :)

    @ Ken - cheers! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work! These guys would look good on the 'Peaky Blinders' set as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing muted colours, the expressions are very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A right bunch of ne’er-do-wells.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Mike W - cheers! They probably would :)

    @ Jamie M - thanks! :)

    @ Barks - cheers! :)

    @ Will - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete