Wednesday 30 December 2020

From StuartL - On your Marks, get set, Oath! - 45 points

My latest entry for the Chambers of Challenge sees me entering the Armoury, which sets the target of a unit in armour. In this case, I have selected a small group of Dwarven warriors wearing chain-mail, since everyone knows Dwarves make the best armour.

These minis are all from Northstar's plastic Oathmark range and I have to say that I love them to bits. The set comes with spears, bows, hand weapons and shields plus a wide range of heads. The trumpeter is from the same range, though is one of the metal command set available alongside the plastics. There is also a more heavily armed and armoured dwarf kit (not pictured here), that allows for an even greater range of options.


The figures will all be used for Oathmark at some stage, I've heard good things about it and a couple of friends are interested in giving it a whirl. I have a bunch of dwarves already done and a load more in the queue. For those of you unfamiliar with the game, Oathmark sets itself up as something of a successor to the old Warhammer Fantasy Battles, so the figures should all be ranked up. As you may have noticed, these are all on round bases, which I intend to use with sabot style movement trays when I get around to playing.


One of the things I like about this kit is that the style of the figures differs quite a lot from the GW range. The models all have quite long torsos and short legs, as opposed to the GW style of more proportional limbs. They also seem more early medieval than the high medieval/renaissance feel of the GW minis with their handguns and war-machines.

So, that lot should get me 25 points for the 5 minis and 20 for the chamber, for a total of 45 points.
I believe that they should also qualify me for a Squirrel as well.

This brings my running duels totals to:
GW Points - 255
Skullz - 89
Squirrels - 3

18 comments:

  1. That Oathmark stuff is very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice minis and a reasonable price as well.

      Delete
  2. They look really cool, and I see what you mean about them looking more medieval. They kind of remind me of the Scandinavian depictions of dwarves i used to see as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too many Dwarves! Splendid figures, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evan. I do have more Dwarves than the ones shown above, but still not too many.

      Delete
  4. Nice addition to the collection
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are certainly different from GW, more Tolkienesque I'd say. Nice figures. You did a fine job on them!

    ReplyDelete