Wednesday 30 December 2020

SebastianR: The Armoury

Another short post. Dropping into the armoury with a collection of American MBTs and IFVs.


They're the start of a... lets just say it's a latter day American Civil War scenario and leave it at that.


Like the ghouls I made some questionable painting choices along the way. Unlike the ghouls, I only partially managed to recover from it, at least as far as the temperate ones are concerned.


The desert ones? I think I pulled it off.

I was trying to replicate the style used by Battlefront on their tanks, the very clean style with strong picked out details. I think I should have thinned my wash more. And done a pin wash rather than an all over wash. And had a green to better match the base green spray... I took a risk getting a satin varnish on these things, it didn't really pay off. Back to the drawing board.

I got them second hand and the lack of decals makes them feel surprisingly bare. I hear it's surprisingly easy to make your own; if it ever starts bugging me I might indulge them.


20 points for the challenge and 48 for the minis for a total of 68.



12 comments:

  1. I like the solid colours; I think it makes them look tough, hardy and very modern (not sure that is the right word; maybe 'contemporary'?) ! Are those Battlefront kits? They look quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bradley's definitely aren't, there's missing or less defined details. The Abrams, I think so. They share a certain sharpness with Battlefront's other TY plastic kits.

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking tanks Sebastian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking tanks and AFV's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work and yes I think you pulled of dessert colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. Hmm, ACWII on the horizon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all love a bit of Heavy Metal 🎸🤟
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a punchy submission!

    ReplyDelete