Friday 8 January 2021

From PeteF: Minifigs Cantiniere At the Larder (25 points)

Back in the day Minifigs came out with a set of four camp followers (Set10) in their Napoleonics range. I remember my dad painting them and still have his set. I never considered buying them but was very happy to find two sets in a lot of French Minifigs I was lucky enough to get last year. 

One of the ladies is a cantiniere - these women went along with the troops on campaign and even into battle - doling out brandy from a shoulder slung spirit barrel. They made up their own uniforms - Osprey provided the inspiration for this 15th legere cantiniere.

She has a basket of bread in her other hand - ready to feed the growing army of Frenchies on this year's shelf. She is my entry for the larder, the fifth room explored on the 1st level.

I'll probably use her - and her friends - in games as some sort of marker or at least to liven up the table.

One 25mm figure and a room bonus for 25 points.













13 comments:

  1. That’s a fun figure to support your troops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite Osprey illustrations. Lovely work on this classic Minifig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great old school figure Pete, and a great interpretation on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome figure for the larder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the figure, she'll certainly add a bit more flavour to the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking old school larder entry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choice for the larder, score is added to your tally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful little mini and nice colourful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely figure...the stories of the cantinieres and other women of the armies are fascinating.
    I’d like to use my Lady Sarah Powers and add 5 bonus pts. Figures like this is why I started the Sarah’s Choice 💜🧙‍♀️
    -can a minion or Curt do the spreadsheet thing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew of this figure! It is fantastic and a brilliant choice for the larder.

    ReplyDelete