Friday 8 January 2021

From Mike W [Chamber of Darkness] Grey Scale Night Goblin (25 Points)

 Another day, another challenge!

What I like about this Challenge is that it... well challenges you! I would never have attempted a grey scale figure but to complete the First Level of the Dungeon here is one I did earlier!


First ever grey scale figure - A Night Goblin


A single Night Goblin Archer, undercoated black, dry brushed with a couple shades of grey and then details highlighted in more solid grey.

Arrow feathers are white!

Another view - slight hint of green on skin?!

All muted down with diluted black ink washes the only controversial area being that I washed the skin areas with a green ink over black to give a slightest hint of the underlying Goblin flesh tones, it hardly shows....

Base was flocked with a grey ash coloured flock I've had for some time but on the photos this looks a light brown - oh well!

Rear view, where the flock looks brown, not grey!


POINTS

1 x 28mm figure                         5 Pts

Chamber of Darkness Bonus    20 Pts

TOTAL                                     25 Pts

12 comments:

  1. Seems to me this is a much better Night Goblin colour scheme than the traditional greenskin. I guess if the bow was contrastive - say, offwhite - that could make a pretty attractive unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept Mike. At first I thought it was more Black-Scale, but on closer inspection I can see a faint hint of green on the figures skin. A good idea to pick out the feathers and bow in lighter colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is that faint dark green tinge to the skin. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Mike! Glad you're enjoying the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking gobbo. The colours suit the figure well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking greyscale goblin!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a bit hesitant about this chamber at first, but I must confess that it seems to bring the creative best out of many challengers. Your goblin is no exception, well done!

    ReplyDelete