Wednesday 10 March 2021

From PaulSS: More 2nd Battalion, Kings German Legion Light Infantry (90pts)

With packing for the move back to the UK, my output has been severely curtailed this past week or two, but I have been steadily plodding along and this week completed the remainder of the 2nd Battalion, Kings German Legion Light Infantry that I have on hand.


The first three figures are mounted up in light order to make up a sixth stand of the unit I did a few weeks ago.



Here they are added to that initial group of five bases:


I then started doing a few bases in skirmish order, firstly a group of six with muskets.



Next a group of six skirmishing with rifles. To be fair, and checking different sources I'm not entirely sure if during the Hundred Days if the 2/KGL Light were entirely equipped with rifles at that time or not.



The last trio of figures are an Officer, Sergeant with rifle and another leader with rifle to use in our Sharpe Practice games.


Hicksy has certainly sculpted bags of character into all these figures.


I initially planned to do just a unit of 2/KGL Light for our General de Brigade games, but combining the troops done in the last post with these I can now field a very reasonable starting force for Sharp Practice of four leaders, three light infantry groups with muskets and two light infantry groups with rifles, so quite a bonus result!


18 28mm figures will add 90 points to my total.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 28 mounted, 137 foot, 3 guns, 1 boat.

Lovely job with these Paul. If I ever do a Napoleonic force, the KGL will have to be among them after their numerous appearances in the Sharpe novels!

Cap'n Wednesday

12 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely brushwork Paul. Those Paul Hicks sculpts are wonderful. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, they are indeed. I think I may pick up some more before I leave as they are so difficult to get in the UK.

      Delete
  2. brilliant stuff, welcome back to Blighty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martin, six weeks today I'll be back at Heathrow, and if the reports are to be believed seven weeks today I may have cleared customs ;)

      Delete
  3. Those are great Paul. I do like this KGL lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. I'm looking forwards to some gaming with them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking light infantry! Good luck with the move!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete