Friday 26 February 2021

From PaulSS: 2nd Battalion, Kings German Legion Light Infantry (80pts)


Back onto dry land for my next entry in the Challenge with a unit of Kings German Legion Light Infantry for the Hundred Days Campaign.


The figures are all from the Brigade Games range and although a little slight are lovely models and really do take paint well.


The unit has mixed musket and rifle armed composition two of the five bases are armed with Baker rifles.


One of the rifle bases also has a bugler.


I've got a load more of these in the backlog and think that I ought to add another base with muskets to the group to bring them up to six stands.


Originally I planned to put the Officers and NCO's on the same stands as the infantry, but instead took the option of mounting them separately as I think that the KGL Lights will make a great force for Sharpe Practice.


This fellow is the very characterful musket armed sergeant.

Sixteen 28mm figures will add 80 points to my target.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 26 mounted, 115 foot, 3 guns, 1 boat.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Martin, I've been slacking of late so it was time to crack on again.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous work Paul! Really like the dark green you used for the uniforms. May I ask what colour you used? I'd almost say VMC German Camouflage Dark Green...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick.
      It's very basic, a base-coat of VMC Black Green, washed with AP Strong Tone, VMC Black Green re-applied as a glaze then a wash of AP Green Tone.

      Delete
  3. A very impressive looking force, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Paul, a very fine unit. I think that SP is a great idea for these lads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job. I do wonder why they had a bobble on top of their tall hats, but I guess they got off likely with regards pomp when compared to some of their comrades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      These chaps only have a pom-pom, their comrades in the 1st Battalion had a plume!

      Delete
  6. Splendid looking lights, love the NCO!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete