Friday 12 March 2021

From PhilH: A Witch, A Witch....a Mutant? (27 Points)

Hot on the heels of my first Witch, I'll have to take a second to skip that nasty-looking Orc's Pit. Yep, it's endgame and we're getting desperate here at my paint table. A quick hop back to a project I've been slowly adding to the past few years, Marvel X-Men superheroes, from the now long-dead Marvel Universe Miniatures Game by Knight Models. Yes, so long-dead that a Marvel minis game has been re-licensed to someone that'll actually use it effectively to shovel product: Marvel Crisis Protocol is the new hotness among such circles. Still having my now-vintage Supers in the pile of shame, I've resisted.
Running out of recognisable X-Men now, this is Emma Frost aka White Queen. Appearing in an early storyline as a member of the "Hellfire Club" and baddie, she was clearly a fan-favourite so has some total change of heart and joins our Mutant heroes, becoming the co-headmaster of Professor Xaviers School for Gifted Youngsters. Of course, much mistrust and tension ensues.
She's another telepath, and can turn her body into diamond, which is an oddly niche power, but convenient for not getting squished by the likes of Juggernaut.
I've got quite a lot of these done now, here's our heroic band together:
One 35mm model, plus a Witch travel adds 27 points to my tally. Will I make it to my target though?

8 comments:

  1. Lovely white! Your supers are, well, super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I’m pleased with them. They’re fun to paint as a palate cleanser between groups.

      Delete
  2. A fabulous addition to your collection Phil! And I must salute your obvious lust for punishment. First an Inquisitor in all black and now a heroine/ villain in all white? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have you to thank for the lead on Vallejo pale grey blue. Great base for her, more interesting than a plain grey.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous painting, she looks splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain! It’s a nice mini but that face is so tiny.

      Delete
  4. Great work. Quite the bare midriff, I suppose and of diamond are better than abs of steel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if you’ve got it, flaunt it (for all the teenage boys reading, presumably).

    ReplyDelete