Friday 12 March 2021

From PhilH: Witchcraft, "Royalty" at the Guardroom (75 Points)

Deeper into Level 2 of the Chambers, and I'm running out of steam. Time to call upon my first Witch to transport me to my next destination. For Sarah's Boon, the Sith Inquisitor, enigmatically named Second Sister. Not really her cup of tea, I imagine, sorry about Mi'Lady, I once again found myself short on Empress-Josephine-in-the-rosegarden's this year. Kindly whisk me over the Gallery, to The Guardroom, please.
The Second Sister is one of seven (?) "Inquisitors" introduced to the canon in recent years, working to Darth Vader to hunt down the remnants of the Jedi. It's almost like someone realised George Lucas' 'rule of two' Sith had written them into a corner regards cool villains. Anyway, I'm not actually that hot on the Second Sister background, though she features in the recent PS4 game Fallen Order, that I played a few hours of before being drawn back to the brushes.
She's a nice resin 3D print by Skullfoge Studios. She came with some lightsaber blades, comedically bent and useless. I dared nott try to get a pin into her lightsaber handle, so left it unlit. I think it makes her look arrogant and aloof, particularly with her pose. And helpfully on theme to bundle into the same post, my Guardroom entry is also from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
I didn't really want to pick up this set for Legion, I find it a bit daft that Emperor Palpatine and his Royal* Guard would yomping around after Rebel squads. The lore's important, right?
*classic misnomer there
Well, turns out I had to set asid my convictions, and stump up for the Royal Guard. Reason is, the game desingers, in the interests of such nonsense such as "balance", moves across the table like he's using a zimmerframe, all the while being inevitably blasted to heck by every gone in the opposing force. He rarely makes it to get his chance to carve his way through squads (and once he carves his way through the first, he gets shot a bit more...)
Yes, FFG in all their wisdon made Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, not very scary at all. He needs to bring the emperor's mooks with him, to act as highly effective shiny red meatshields, to deliver him into combat. 'tis a silly game.
I'm not fond of the gloss red helmets think I'll matte those down.
Five 35mm minis at 35 Points, plus Witch and Chamber bonuses for a tidy 75 Points.

10 comments:

  1. 'Rule of Two' was daft. I really like your reds, and that hint of red on the Inquisitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks! The wall of red on those royal guard is nicely broken up by the purplish undersuit

      Delete
  2. All your misgivings aside your Inquisitor and Royal Guard look absolutely smashing Phil! I'm neither into the game nor into the "modern" lore, but from what you wrote it sounds a bit silly indeed.
    I'll throw in a couple of bonus points for your fantastic take on the all black Inquisitor figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. Inquisitor was done similar to my Vader, ‘black three ways’: highlighted blue for the leather, magenta the robe and white for the armour. Makes it more interesting

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking Inquisitor and the Royal guard are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work in these figures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher, much appreciated.

      Delete