Friday 12 March 2021

KenR : A Nice Safe Bank Job - 20 points

In between painting Italian Allied Legion and waiting for bases to dry I have been chipping away at another building for my 28mm Sweeney Project. A essential piece of terrain for any Cops and Robbers setting is a bank, it appears in so many scenarios.

The kit is made from printed heavy card and is a real trial to put together, each piece needs cutting out with a craft knife and the edges painted, the door for example is 7 layers thick.

Points wise I think its around 20 using the cube calculation, the building is 11" long, 3" wide and 8" high. After working on this for 8 weeks this is definitely the hardest 20 points I've ever earned 😁

The building is for an O Gauge Railway and comes in whats called half relief, I definitely think gamers have a lot to learn from Railway modelling when it comes to terrain.

So I'm off to finish my Legion, you slaaaaags 😎

20 comments:

  1. Great looking bank Ken, works nicely with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking bank! I imagine those gangsters will be a little surprised once they look behind the facade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be, there's a Spanish Civil War battle going on 😁

      Delete
  3. Those are stunning Ken. I have some of these in resin, but the cost and relative simplicity of these are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look really good but they take forever to put together 👍

      Delete
  4. fabulous building Ken, agree with the model railway learning..

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Railway terrain is so much better

      Delete
  5. Can anyone with a better brain than mine check my points for this the model is 11"x8"x3", cheers Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bank is 264 cubic inches . A terrain cube is 216 cubic inches . Yiur bank is worth 1.22 terrain cubes . 20x1.22 = 24.2 - so nice round up is 25 points .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ant it’s very nice

      Delete
    2. Cheers Dave, I had "just a bit over 20" 😁 just wanted to make sure as it took forever to put together, in fact doing it in the middle of anpaint challenge wasn't my brightest idea 😀

      Delete
  7. Your streetscape is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete