Monday 27 December 2021

From DavidB: Warpath enforcer walker and companion (17 points)


This is what a squirrel desk looks like!

It is wonderful to be back again for AHPC XII!

I was deployed and missed out last year, although time and internet service did give me a welcome distraction after hours. Since I've been back home, my family have provided lots of fodder for this year's efforts. Alas my enthusiasm has already clogged my desk including back log of "intended" holiday gifts.

I am usually very strict and regimented with a highly structured time schedule, but wargames and miniatures is much like fishing where time has no meaning unless it is your turn or the paint/glue is dry "enough".  I also have a hard time staying focused on a few miniatures and my desk is rapidly filled with partial paints of many types. Color, period and project have no meaning either!  ;)

Being old, and infantry, I also have an abundance of Dr. visits and physical therapy sessions. Note that I do not care how cute and pretty the physical therapists are, they are all devotees to the Spanish Inquisition! I am also exhausted from all the parties I have been asked to and seeing many friends and family. 

The fact that my mind and desires wander and I keep picking up miniatures to paint as the whims take me....well, I am having fun!

New camera, I will figure it out soonish.

This is mantic walker for the enforcer faction of warpath. He has been idling in the mountain of neglect for quite some time while I was pondering a paint scheme.

I decided on a warm turquoise with orange accents on the armor to pair with the yellow and gray hued of the metal.


I also have completed the very first White Scar as a test and seeing how fast I could paint one. Using contrast paints, three red acrylic, two white, three flesh, two brown, two gold, and two gun metal colors; I can finish one in three hours. The urban base turned out nicely. I may yet add some more weathering to the base and dust it with snow. 

My test model was also the first White Scar built and used the White Scar sprue. He now allows me to take a pip for the Skullz challenge!

The walker was given an extensive flocking with foam and static grasses. I also added some clumps of tufts for visual interest. 



Many layers of paint on him, definitely not as quick as the marine. 



These were the first two considered done enough and have cleared the clutter from the desk. They were promptly replaced by another 10 models as my attention wanders. 
Merry Christmas!

_______________________________

Yep, that's definitely a proud hobby-squirrel's desk. :) Don't change a thing, I love it.

Isn't it wonderful to be home? I'm certainly happy you're on civvy-street and not larking about on deployment. 

Great work on these two figures Dave! I particularly like the walker with its tan BFG, set against its teal livery. Very imposing hulk that. I've scored the White Scar marine as 40mm and the walker as 54mm.

Best wishes with the Inquisitorial Therapists. Remember, it's for the greater good, and just name, rank and serial number. 

- Curt

11 comments:

  1. Great to have you and your squirrels back David! I like the teal and look forward to seeing what your fevered imagination brings forth. The physios are less brutal if you don’t flirt with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Dave. That White Scar is sure bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mantic walker looks amazing and the White Scar is surely white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly is a busy painting table, looks a little like mine tbh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Dave, great start 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on these, I’ve got some mantic figures on my table at the moment, so it’s nice to see I’m not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m quite envious of your desk! Nice figures - I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, your does does look familiar. I look foward to seeing your progress as you wade through that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking walker and a splendid space marine!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the white armour!

    How many skullz? I see four.

    ReplyDelete