Monday 31 January 2022

From Mike W - 25mm WW2 British (76 Points)

Amazingly I have finished a 4th batch of figures this week, here are 19 x WW2 British Infantry, mostly weapons teams, command or communication bases. The figures are plastic 25mm Valiant Miniatures which are sold as 1/72 figures but are rather oversized in my opinion.

WW2 British - Odds & Ends to complete an old job!

The Valiant Boxed Set allows you to build 68 figures, I made-up eth other figures quite some years ago and these are all that were left in my spares box, so I decided to paint them up for use.

There are two 2" mortar teams and an HMG team

There's actually also two much large mortar models in the set

Two Command Teams and a communication team

The guys pointing are actually also carrying a clipboard, whilst the kneeling officer has a Sten Gun.

A guy with a PIAT

PIAT resting on a low wall

And lastly a six man squad.

Five Riflemen with the classic Lee Enfield and an NCO with a Sten Gun

To make my point about the size of these figures,
a command stand next to the Kangaroo RAM and riders from an earlier post this challenge

So these guys were all undercoated in white, before overpainting with Valliejo 'English Uniform' which I'd lightened with some white paint. Webbing was then added using Citadel 'Nurgling Green' and setting aside to dry after adding brown boots for officers and black boots for other ranks.

Gunmetal was added as required for revolvers, rifles, Sten Guns and Binoculars after which Citadel 'Vermin Fur' was used for the rifles' woodwork. Flesh and hair was added before painting the helmets neat 'English Uniform' and then highlighting the leaves in a bright green.

All was then washed in a watered down Army Painter Dark Shade and then matt varnished.

POINTS

19 x 25mm Figures @ 4Points ea. = 76 Points

I am glad that you added the last photo for comparison Mike, as I  might have scaled you back on points here (see what Id did there?).  I am not familiar with this range from Valiant, not sure if they are the same folks who did Armada galleons back in the day but will have to check them out.  Some nice it rather static poses here, I quite like the officers with clipboards.  This is a must for any operation.

And four posts today?  I thought you were slowing down?

5 comments: