Monday 28 February 2022

A Squirrel Here, A Squirrel There - Side Duel Update #4

Hello fellow Squirrel Enthusiasts, and welcome to the 4th Squirrel Side Duel update. This will be the last such update before the end of the challenge, and there are still a lot more furry critters to be claimed before we are through.


Now, you may notice that this fellow above is looking a little grumpy. "Why would a squirrel be grumpy?" you may ask, "They just get to climb trees all day and run around without a care in the world." 

This Squirrel is grumpy because he has found not one, not two, but multiple Squirrel points that didn't have a label. This caused him a lot of confusion when the culprit made a list of all of his points and a bunch of them didn't show up in the search. So, it is with a heavy heart that I have to bring out the penalty card again.


Mike W, who has been painting up a storm only labelled one of the SIX points he tried to claim. 
The evidence for the prosecution:  https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/search/label/Mike%20W+Squirrel
Now, in his defence, he may have just been a little inattentive due to rushing back to his workbench to churn out even more models, so only 1 of those missing labels will be docked from his score... this time. I will let Mike W decide which point he has lost, and he may even regain the point by painting up some more figures for it.

This does however, make the scores for first place neck and neck between Mike W and TeemuL. Who will take the lead over the last few weeks? It is still anybody's game. KerryT is only just behind and ChrisW has taken a flying leap into the middle of the scoreboard from out of nowhere.

And if this has escaped your notice, please, please label your posts. Going back through everything you have posted trying to figure out how many points you should have is not a fun thing to do after a day at work. Likewise, keeping a record of your entries makes my job a lot easier. If you want to see the best way to lay out your posts, I suggest checking out TeemuL and SteveM's entries. 
https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/search/label/Squirrel+TeemuL
https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/search/label/Squirrel+SteveM

Have fun with the remaining Squirrel hunt. I look forward to seeing you all at the finish line.

5 comments:

  1. Stuart - 100 apologies for my oversight and you are absolutely correct that these rules were clear and I missed posting eth items with the appropriate 'Squirrel' label when rushing to get eth posts ready for my minion. As such I am happy if all 6 items are docked from my score, the punishment is quite clear. If leniency is allowed then dock the Classic Orcs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the strick bureaucracy of this Challenge I seem to have the (tied) first place. I was sure Chris and Mike had rocketed past me. Well, I have couple of Squirrels still in my pockets, so let's see how this ends. :)
    And thank you Squirrelmaster General for keeping the count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a least one Squirrel today and possibly two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping the score Stuart - not an easy task -at the moment I can only see myself managing another 3 squirrels with what I have planned - as I'm not too far behind maybe I should dig deep and see if I can find more

    ReplyDelete