Monday 28 February 2022

From Mike W - Warhammer LIzardmen (150 Points)

The first of my delayed post from last week is a continuation of the Lizardmen mini project, this time I am presenting 30 x Skinks Archers formed into two units of 15 figures.

The completed units of Skinks, each 15 strong

I decided on two units to give a additional variety in the colours of the models in the various units in the army, to date all have been a variant of Yellowish and Green or green and blue. I have done one Skink unit as a dark green and the second as a yellowish hue, if I get together enough figures for a third Skink unit these will be blue.

Unit #1, yellowish Skinks

Unlike their bigger brethren these little guys do not have armoured scales and so I have kept them mono-tone but with a red 'fin' on the back of all their heads to give then some unity.

Unit #21, green Skinks

The figures were given either a dark green or light ochre base and then washed with either blue ink (green figures) or Mid Brown Wash (light Ochre figures), light blue Loincloths, leather straps, quivers and arrows were coloured appropriately and the bows were painted brown.

Close-up of the first unit,

I diverged form the black ebony weaponry of their large colleagues as the logic was that he bow would need to be made of a different wood as some flexibility was required when pulling the bow - where as clubs, axes and spears etc were all naturally more rigid in construction.


And close-up of the second unit

Bases were again finished with fine sand and electrostatic grass.

POINTS 

30 x 28mm Foot Figures = 150 Points


Classic old skool Lizardfolk here Mike.  Your work on time delay is still way faster than the rest of us on fast forward!  Really appreciate the close up of the basing.  I've been curious about using a static grass applicator, if I can manage not zapping myself with it.

And you continue with your odd uint sizes.  Ok 15 is better than the prime numbers that you gone with before, but 12-16 would work way better on table.  Base 4 man, use Base 4.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely luscious lizards lavished liberally on us.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, to be honest I've never used an electrostatic applicator! Instead, I use a mix of Emulsion Paint & PVA glue to stick the fine sand to the base. When dry, I use the same paint & PVA gloop to add a few patches of wet gloop to the base and then dip the base into a large pot of grass. I then press the grass into place using the dry end of the paintbrush and later brush away any excess grass on the figure with a large, soft rush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloop, brute force and the butt end of a paint brush! You’re talking my language Mike.

      Delete
  3. This is all very LizardLicious. Brilliant work Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the contrast of the colours between the two units!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ones, Mike! I like how you have managed to colour them differently.

    ReplyDelete