Monday 28 February 2022

From StuartL - Strange Statuary - 9 Points

Hello everyone,

As I now have my personal challenge for the Challenge Sector Star assigned, I am mainly working on that. However, I wanted to get something painted and posted for this week, so here it is. 

In an effort to build some cheap scatter terrain for fantasy skirmish games, I went through my Reaper Bones and D&D miniatures piles and selected some figures that I either had a duplicate of, or just could never picture myself actually using. I then stuck these on top of some wooden blocks I picked up at the local dollar (100 yen) store and decorated them with some old square GW bases. A few coats of various grey paints and a black wash, and I had some quick and easy statues.


This one is a little out of focus, sorry.



To add a bit of colour to the statues, I mixed some green flock with PVA glue and stuck it on in random places. Once it was dry, I dry-brushed it with a bright green to finish it off.

Each statue is roughly 2" by 2" by 3", so that gives me a total of 96 cubic inches, or about 45% of one terrain cube. So, these should score me 9 points.

There are also two skulls on these figures, which will add to my skull side duel.
Skullz Total: 110
 
Quick and easy statuary Stuart, and very effective.  I like the repurposed Reaper figures and your DIY plinths.  Looking forward to your Final Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stuart:
    Clever and inventive, though I confess, I wouldn't want to visit a place where you find those sorts of statues in the park!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these! This is a great way to utilize figures that may not otherwise make it out of the lead pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use for old square bases! I have the intention to do similar statues, but so far there has always been something more interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the skull count!

    ReplyDelete