Monday 28 February 2022

From PeteF: I Am The Law! ( 52 points)


 What's this? A third entry in a single week (thanks for you patience)! Entering the warp maelstrom I was deposited on Krypton and happened to have this superhero on the pile of shame.




I remember the first issue of 2000AD in the 1970s and how I enjoyed this comic well into my 20s before life's other distractions finally displaced it. All of its characters, and perhaps most of all Joe Dredd, have a big place in my heart. Maybe one day I'll rebuild my collection.

It was exciting when Warlord Games took over the license and I of course immediately ordered these minis - which have sadly remained unloved for a few years.  No longer. I finally got some paint on Judge Dredd and his Lawmaster bike this week.

I went for the cartoon look and I'm happy with the way the Judge turned out. I don't love the rubbery plasiticy material that Warlord uses for these sculpts but I like painting it even if it lacks the heft of metal (my preference for skirmish games).

1 x 40mm foot figure (serious scale creep) = 7 points

1 x 40mm mounted figure = 15 points

bonus for warp maelstrom planet = 30 points

TOTAL= 52 points


I am totally at sea with most Superhero Comic Book characters, but I like what I see!  Nice work on the blue/yellow colours on bike thingy (it seems a bit like a cross between a MX bike and a steam roller) and on the Doc.

10 comments:

  1. Nice rendition of old stony-face, Pete! He's not doing too badly for an 83 year old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a super… hero ;) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious Scale Creep could potentially be the name of a Judge Dredd villain. :)
    Great looking paint job, he looks ready to take on the worst Mega City One can throw at him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That super hero is simply super, and I don't mean to simper over you're skillful paint squiggles, it's straight up sincerity speaking.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  5. A superhero I know! I like your output, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb work, stepping right out of the comics (actually better than the comics)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Pete, you have the colours spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ace looking Judge Dredd!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete