Monday 28 February 2022

From PeteF Ill Buono, Ill Brutto, Ill Cattivo (35 points)


These are gift for my sister, who was and is a top fan of the Man With No Name. I can remember watching all the Spaghetti Westerns with her (BBC 2 reruns) - the music, the tension, the extras. Iconic moments abound - Clint striking a match on Klaus Kinsky's hump (For a Few Dollars More), the cemetery showdown (The Good, The Bad & The Ugly), the Stranger who for some reason won't die when shot in the heart (Fistful of Dollars)....


Clint Eastwood as the "Good" Man With No Name and Lee Van Cleef as the "Evil" dude - always for some reason being mean to helpless extras - with Eli Wallach along for the ride - are my entry for Coruscant - completing the Middle Ring. Time for a Warp Maelstrom journey to the central ring in a desperate attempt to catch up and complete the quadrant quest before winter has gone!


The figures are from Artizan Designs - after I'd started painting them I found that they're not the cleanest casts - especially poor old il Cattivo whose 2 halves didn't quite go together in his mold. Nothing that a bit of paint can't mostly hide. 

Although this is a squirrelly project at only 15 points won't be worth a Squirrel Point. At least for now.

3x28mm foot = 15 points plus 20 for Coruscant = 35 Total

Squirrel +0 (Total 6) (+4 incomplete squirrel points)

Skulz +0 (Total 1)


Excellent work on these classic characters!  Really like the faces on these sculpts.  Well done.  

15 comments:

  1. Nice trio, Pete! :)

    However, unless they're not very well, shouldn't it be "Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo"? It's also interesting that the Italian translates as "The Good, The Ugly, The Bad". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do like the Finnish translation: Hyvät, pahat ja rumat, where the order is the same as in English, but they are all plural? And there's "and" between the last two.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Tamsin - good point about the illness - not sure what Artizan was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked - they have called them that! :o

      Delete
    2. May be they don't have rights for the real names?

      Delete
  3. Great to see some Western figures ....nice painting!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some classic movie characters, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't talk about Bruno 😉
    Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderfully characterful figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iconic figures, I couldn't hazard a guess to how many times I've seen the film.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff, Pete, I swear I can hear Ennio Morricone as I look at these pics! Very atmospheric.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting, I do remember saturday evenings wayback watching these with my Dad thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice trio, Pete! I have seen the movies countless of times, I like your gritty approach, the poncho is great and the face of the Ugly especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid looking western trio!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. For some reason I have started whistling… great work on these.

    ReplyDelete