Monday 28 February 2022

From ScottC: Fellowship and co. 195 pts

 


Long have I wanted to paint up a fellowship to fit on this display base that I have had on my shelf of shame for too many years. I purchased the plastic set of fellowship figures from Gw to go with this base but my goodness these old plastic fellowship figures did not age well. Low and behold one of my LOTR patreons has an excellent set of Fellowship figures!


These are all 3D prints from The Printing Goes Ever On, except Bill the Pony, who is from forgeworld.


































I also had a couple of gandalfs to paint as well! Both of these are GW, the horse mount was from an oathmark cav set.






Now to add my miscellaneous LOTR figures that I had planned for creatures of the dark! Gulavhar and Dwellers in the Dark. The 2 dwellers are GW Age of sigmar figures, Gulavhar is a 3d print from Clay Cyanide.












And 2 random pack horses I needed for a scenario.





Points:

9x 28mm infantry = 45

4x 40mm cavalry = 60

4x 60mm cavalry = 80

Resin Display base = 10 points

Total = 195

A great collection of LoTR figures Scott, it's nice to see both the foot and mounted version of some of the figures plus Bill the pony.  I really like Gandalf in the cart.  Very creepy things from the dark side too, they're worth a week of nightmares.

9 comments:

  1. Nice work, Scott, particularly the two dwellers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures Scott,especially the LotR figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Scott! I really like those 3d models of the Fellowship. I've been looking at that creator for quite some time now and was wondering how the models look printed off. This all being said, I think my faves are Bill the Pony and Gandalf on this cart, heading to the Shire. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful display piece. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Gandalf on the cart is a great mini, I have it, too. The fellowship is a bit too cartoonish to hit my sweet spot, but your brushwork does them justice and look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Scott:
    Some brilliant work on display here, it gladdens an old Tolkien fan's heart, it does. Bravo, mate. I dare not check out these STL files ... well, maybe a little peak.
    Cheers and cracking good work,
    MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a lot of LotR goodness! I like the OSL effect.

    ReplyDelete