Tuesday 15 February 2022

From SanderS: Caprica - Doomed indeed! (75 points)

 Hoi,

It seems that every Challenge I have to post at least  one post apologizing to you kind folks and this year is no exception. For the last week and a half our home has been fitted with all new windows in almost all rooms. Since my room has no less then 4 windows, this meant that I had to pack away pretty much all of my hobby stuff and cease activities. The stress and work that went with this work, meant I had basically no time to reply to all your posts and not even to answer all your kind remarks to Arthur's last post. I will try to rectify that asap.  

 While I am now almost back on track I was not entirely able to finish my post for Caprica as I intended it but I managed to get something done. It had originally been my intention to paint up figures from 3 Warhammer 40K armies that had "DOOMED" written on their foreheads in large capitals, The Celestial Lions, The Thousand Sons and The Tanith First and Only. It is these latter that I did manage to finish for today's post.


 For those of you not in the know: The Tanith First and Only are an Imperial Guard unit raised on Tanith as a Light Infantry/ Recon unit for the Sabbath Crusade and just when the troopship lifting them from their planet Tanith got airborne said planet was blown up Alderaan style. So yeah they are pretty doomed. This is a set of white metal figures GW produced a long time ago and even though a new set has been released last year, they are still pretty much the coolest IG figures I own. The only figure still missing is their commander Colonel-commissar Ibrahim Gaunt: I still need to paint him.

The entire bunch:

 

Piper Milo and medic Dorden.



Corbec, Larkin and Mkoll


Generic Ghosts





Points: well 11 x 5 is 55 points together with the 20 points bonus is 75 points. Meanwhile I am on to work hard to get more stuff done before the Challenge ends.


Cheers Sander

 

Nice work on these, Sander! Those bases look great.

Tamsin

 

 

26 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you are getting back on track. Nice work on these doomed lads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I really like the colours on their cloaks😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on some classic figures Sander! I know the whole "Tanith" story line is held warmly in the hearts of many 40k fans, so it is great to see these figures so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, the story is so gripping I actually stopped reading a few times due to stress Abnett is a master storyteller!

      Delete
  4. House reno’s are always stressful, but moreso when you don’t have your hobby to offset the chaos! You've done a spectacular job with these, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Natasha, part one is now finished, this summer we will do some more structural work and I am not looking forward to it at all ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Sander:
    Congrats on grinning, bearing with, and painting through the chaos of a reno. Well done. Very credible figures, I like the camo and the basing. I wouldn't tell them they're doomed, I enjoy living too much!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Right you are Mike specially the Suicide Kings...

      Delete
  6. These are great. The Tanith have a special place in my heart, I have all the books and cannot recommend them enough. Straight Silver!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Straight Silver indeed Peter! What do you think of the new figures?

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Martin these scenic bases basically (pun intended) paint themselves!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous work on the Tanith, Sander. Though I know it's in a bit of chaos, I really like the looks of your hobby room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Curt, I will try to take pictures of it when it's completely functional again. At the moment I only have the paintstation ready again.

      Delete
  9. Awesome looking first and only!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great, the bases bring them together too. I really like the piper!

    ReplyDelete