Sunday 13 March 2022

From KerryT : "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he is worthy, shall possess the power of Thor!"- (85 points and 1 squirrel)

 Morning. afternoon & evening all

You know when you start painting an army you are meant to start with the basic troops, paint them up and then move on to the Guard or elite  and then commanders etc, well sometimes its more fun to do it the other way round.

Having said that my original and unrealistic intention  had been to present a whole viking force of about 60 figures in P is for Pagan, my 11th entry

These are Vikings from a Footsore Miniatures army that I bought about 18 months ago. However I'm afraid to say that the Bondi are still at the beach (see what I did there!- at least you Aussies will get it!) and the Hearthguard are still warming around the fire. (OK I'll get my coat). Short of catching Covid, and having some time away from work for a week, and also being well enough to paint then there was no way this was going to happen. Hence I've made a start on the top end troops

Look Dolly, Baaaaaa'd men are coming.....



Pieces of eight, pieces of eight......oops sorry wrong period

This is the Footsore Model of Odin, the Allfather, I must say the picture of him on the website up to his knees in snow is sublime.


What is nice in this range are the Valkyrie and Shield Maidens, too often female warriors are depicted in figures sculpted somewhat err.... disproportionately - not this time, these are slim and slender easy to tell apart from their male counterparts



No, they're not running away, they're just going to put the kettle on...

In a way its a shame there are only 6 figures, I must get a Lagertha from somewhere

Talking of Lagertha...

Ragnar Lodbrook flanked by Harald Hadrada and....


 Arnvid Ale Sinker (with his axe glued on the wrong way)

Honestly it would never have looked like that in the Sagas!

The Berserkers like the ladies are depicted with their clothes on - this is another nice set






Rolf the Jolly

Gunnolf Wofban
Sigurd of the Bridge

Magnus Grimface - "its only a fleshwound"

Alas poor Yoric I knew him well......

Warlord and Standard Bearer

And finally, what could be more Pagan than a Viking Shaman

Gudbrand Soultaker


Well that leaves me with just one P left to Finish next week - when P will be for Posh

That leaves me with 17 figures at 5 points and 1 Squirrel I think
Oh an addit - Shield transfers by LBMS

____________________________

Kerry, you had me at Lagertha...

Lovely work, my man! What a wonderful assortment of hard-bitten Vikings. I especially like Sigurd of the Bridge, the Shaman and of course, Odin. I also appreciate seeing them in a nicely terrained setting. Wonderful stuff!

- Curt

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant work, Kerry! However, those puns... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you drink wine and post I'm afraid

      Delete
  2. Thanks Curt, you're very kind as usual with your complements

    ReplyDelete
  3. P should be for perfection. These norse boys and girls all look marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Kerry. I really like the Viking Shaman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice minis, well painted in nice environment. I always like these action shots more than light-box studio shots, and you have a small story there, too.
    And yes, berserkers and female warriors fully clothed? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely miniatures. Always great to see some Vikings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting of the clothing and love the setting you created for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great brushwork Kerry. I love your saturated colours!

    ReplyDelete