Sunday 13 March 2022

From PaulSS - Grots (47pts)

 
More green-skins for the horde with a Runtherd and ten Gretchin adding a skirmish screen to the mob.


Like the rest of the recent Orks these are done from a zenithal base that seems to work much better than a light base.



These Grots are certainly grotty models, the finish on the raw models is like a cheap plastic toy and there are loads of mould lines to be cleaned up. But, after a extended cleaning they do seem to come out ok.


There are not so many areas on these for me to go nuts with the rust, but, I've added it where I can. 


The grots are small, so I think that counting as a 20mm figure would be ok, the Runtherd I'll count as a 40mm like the earlier Orks for a total of 47 points added to my total.

American Civil War Duel Totalizer: 136 foot, 2 mounted, 4 horses (825pts)

Napoleonic Duel Totalizer: 8 foot, 2 mounted (100pts)

______________________

I was surprised to see your foray into 40K Orks, Paul. I always think of you as a historical gamer, but I should know better as you have that wonderful collection of Star Wars models that you started a few years ago. Anyway, I think these look great! Even though the models themselves may have been a little nasty to work with, it's amazing how they've been elevated under your talented brush. Well done!

- Curt 

21 comments:

  1. Nice bunch of greenskinz. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking reinforcements to your Ork army, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic-looking grots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking grots Paul. The edge highlighting on the guns is really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Curt Thank you, I think it was as much as a surprise to me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Paul, what an awesome Orcs, really like your take on them as well as the palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’re tempting me to get some of these…

    ReplyDelete