Tuesday 22 March 2022

The Squirrels of War - Side Duel Final Scores

The challenge is complete and the final totals are in. It is time to see which of our bushy-tailed contenders takes home the title of Grand High Hobby Squirrel this year. 

It's all so exciting...

I'm sure that everyone is very excited to see the results, but before we dive in, a few caveats. If you didn't tag your posts with the correct labels, don't be overly surprised if your score isn't what you thought it should be. This was made clear in previous updates. For the top few scorers, I went through all their posts, made a list of Squirrel Points claimed and what they were being claimed for. This may have resulted in another discrepancy between what people thought they had and what they were awarded. One such erroneous point I found should have been caught much earlier than it was and I apologise for that. 

To restate the criteria for the Squirrels.
You need 25 points or more of models. Bonus points do not count.
Each point must be unique in terms of army, scale and period. Differently uniformed troops from the same army do not count. 

And so, on to the scores.
In third place with an impressive 18 Squirrels was Mike W. TeemuL came in second with 20 and KerryT dropped several Squirrel Bombs to take home the title with 23 Squirrels. This also pips my own personal best. Well done Kerry!

A new champion. Long may he reign!

Of course, this means I will have to throw my hat in the ring in Challenge XIII. 

So that's all for this year. I hope to see lots of Squirrel Duelists in the next challenge. It has been an honour serving as your Squirrelfinder General this year. But now I'm going to go have a bit of a rest.

A nine month nap should be just about enough.




18 comments:

  1. Great work, Kerry, congratulations! I had some hopes, but then you dropped a few squirrel bombs and I knew I was doomed. :) I pushed myself to the 20, even though I knew it is not enough, but it is a nice round number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Squirreled valiantly, Teemu. Well done. :)

      Delete
    2. Twenty squirrels is an impressive number, Teemu, you should be proud of yourself.

      Delete
    3. This year I had no pressure to focus on a new army, because gaming is still quite low so I went for the Squirrels. I might fave fared better, if I had concentrated on different fsctions of Middle Earth for example, that would not have been that fun!

      Delete
  2. Well done Kerry and all the squirrel-hunters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun everyone! Good work from Teemu & Kerry deservedly pipped me to 3rd place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on getting the bronze medal. Being the third most insane challenger in this nuthouse is still a high honour.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mike! I had a strong start and finish, but if everyone had been painting just squirrels my point output would have not been enough.

      Delete
  4. BooYah! Well done Kerry and all the other squirrelistas. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the squirrels. I was relatively focused myself, with almost all my stuff being dark age historicals or fantasy figures to fit the dark ages. It’s a sad day when I am among the most focused of a group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your hard work on this Stuart, not an easy task particularly when you have morons like me who had still not quite grasped the challenge rules even at the end! Doh
    I understand that if you win something its customary to thank some one - hen I must thank errr - my Virus
    I missed 3 days work last week with a cough (I'm a GP so could not risk coughing over my patients - was Covid neg in the end- but one of the buggers probably gave it to me in the first case anyway :-)!) and so dropped the last squirrel bomb. My apologies, particularly to Teemu

    I don't think I've ever looked forward to painting so much and in the end the Squirrel challenge made me tackle much of my oldest leadpile -the added bonus for me is that the few figures left over from those squirrel batches are now at the top of the current queue for paint. Many thanks everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your well deserved victory. Your squirrel bombs were very impressive and your final score reflects that. I think that most of the challengers probably have similarly massive leadpiles to mine if they would just embrace the insanity of the Squirrel Duel.

      Hopefully we can cross brushes next year in a clash of the squirrel champions.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Stuart - I'm hoping not to have such a wide range of figures hanging around by then though!

      Delete
    3. No worries, Kerry! Congratulations! To be honest, I was expecting some squirrel bombing sooner or later from someone. :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Kerry! It was a well fought battle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Squirrelers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kerry, that's a veritable squirrel farm you've got there! Thanks Stuart for Squirrel Finder Generalling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done squirrels, I may throw my hat in the ring next go round.

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete