Friday 30 December 2022

From StuartL - Sanguinary Correspondence - Lady Sarah's Limousine - 75 Points

Hello all,

Today I need to pay up for another Limousine ride across the studios. Last time around, I entered some models for the World Cinema section of the studio and now I want to scoot over to the Sci-Fi area.

I forgot to attach a map to my last post, better late than never I suppose.

So, as payment, I am putting forward this steampunk witch from Reaper Bones. She has a mechanical hand and a motorised broom. No reason why you shouldn't have all of the latest tech when you're out casting spells and hexing people.


The model was painted using a popular Contrast over Zenithal technique for the most part, but the purple, metallics and skin were done using standard paints. This figure will go into my collection of RPG figures in case I ever run a steampunk game.


To accompany this model, I have also been working on some Chaos Daemons for Warhammer. 


These figures are Bloodletters, minor daemons of Khorne the god of war and slaughter. I did a batch of these last year and these will join them in my slowly growing army. Daemons are the only army that can be used in Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000. Hopefully they will soon be able to be used in the current edition of Warhammer 30,000 which is where I want to use them. GW seem to be dragging their feet releasing new rules content for the Horus Heresy.


The unit comes with a choice of standards, one with a giant icon (that I painted in the last challenge) and this large banner here. The banner is totally blank, so I had to paint on a motif for the unit. I opted for a giant skull along with the eight pointed star of chaos, and of course liberal splashings of gore.


The unit was fairly quick and easy to paint being largely just drybrushing various shades of red and a couple of odd spot colours here and there. I may yet do more daemons in this challenge, we shall see. These do net me a point for the Squirrel duel and my first point for the Skullz duel.

For scoring:
11x 28mm minis @5 points = 55 Points
1 Limousine ride @20 points = 20 Points

Total = 75 Points

My side duels:

Squirrels - 6
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons

Skullz - 1

Turnips - 0

Next up, a visit to the far future and some SF action.

_____________________________

A steampunk witch?! Who knew? No matter, she definitely looks the part with her steam-driven broom and clockwork hand. I know Sarah will be pleased with her.

Also, what a great mob of Bloodletters, Stuart. The doorknockers of Khorne, before the really nasty guys show up.  I like how their blue horns and tongues provide a great counterpoint to their red flesh. 'Nice' banner too! Yeeash...

- Curt

9 comments:

  1. That's a fine witch, Stuart, and those demons are not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them.deamons. Some of my favourite models and you did them up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the daemons Stuart. The blue tongue is a lovely splash of colour against the red

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice figures, Stuart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A skull from the skull champion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice lady and demons, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paint for the paint throne! I love the contrasting tongues, great choice!

    ReplyDelete