Friday 30 December 2022

RobH - Nine Rings for Mortal Men - LOTR (35 Points)



Would you believe three Nazgûl of the nine. Each year for the AHPC I endeavor to summit at least one entry from the Lord of the Rings. This year I have three foot figures that were crying out to be submitted as an entry in the field of Black & White cinema. I don't think you can find figures from cinema much blacker than these, especially at heart. It was just a hop over from Studio Sci-Fi.



I believe these figures came from the Attack on Weathertop package by Games Workshop and are close to 20 years old. I have collected a lot of LOTR dark forces, but I have been slow in getting them painted. The minis were sprayed flat black, painted with Vallejo Black, dry brushed with German Grey, followed by another light grey dry brush. Swords and armoured fists were painted Gunmetal Grey.




Points

3 x 28mm Foot Figures = 15 Points

1 x Black & White Studio = 20 Points

35 Points

___________________

Great looking Nazgul, Rob! A perfect pick for Black & White, and it checks your box for your LotR submission for AHPC XIII. Well done!

- Curt

13 comments:

  1. Lol maybe there should be a side duel for Guys Named Rob Who Paint LoTR Minis as I will, once again, be spending some of my AHPC painting LoTR figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already working on the big cheese himself, Sauron

      Delete
    2. This afternoon I discovered a container full of Harlequin LOTR (now Black Tree Design) figures that I totally forgotten about. I might be inclined to work on them

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I suspect we'll see a bunch of these for this location!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes for lack of a better description, they seem full of life.

      Delete
  4. There's never enough Nazgul: on foot, on horses, on flying monsters... Good painting job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Nazgûl, Rob. Well done,

    ReplyDelete
  6. They may be 20 years old but they still look just the ticket - the Witch King is chilling!

    ReplyDelete