Saturday 21 January 2023

From Barks: How to paint chequers (Arthouse) (25 points)

Through some creative backtracking, I arrive at the Arthouse studio. This arty chap is from Hungry Troll Miniatures, and has his handy pot of chequered paint. I painted him to match my 2014 goblins, which was harder than it should have been. As a new technique for this location, I tried a wet palette for the first time. It's a bit too early to judge, but it did make the paints last longer in the blazing antipodean summer.




Wet palette from Army Painter

1x 28mm figure (5 points)
Arthouse studio (20 points)

I have both my security passes now, and am ready for the Snowlord's Challenge!


So THAT's how you paint chequered patterns. I always wondered. I haven't tried a wet palette myself, but I have heard good things about them. 

Lovely work on this gobbo and a suitable entry for the Arthouse. I hope the Snowlord is merciful when it comes to setting your Director's Chair Challenge.

24 comments:

  1. That is a cool looking goblin, Barks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have both my security passes now, and am ready for the Snowlord's Challenge!"
    Wow! That didn't take long- well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do enjoy the Final Challenge and try to give myself a long period of time to do it in.

      Delete
  3. lol! Great figure, Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Excellent post, Barks. I'll have to add that pot of chequered paint next to my tartan paint and tattoo paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chequered paint... great idea. Does it come in different colour combos? Nice work here Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gobbo. Excellent work here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chequered paint… there might be a market for that! A very cool goblin, Barks! (Also I’m quite gobsmacked by the speed with which you have raced through all those studios!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a collection to draw on for the themes...

      Delete
  8. Lovely work Barks but don't let YG see that we palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, someone will have to explain this to me...

      Delete
  9. Great work mate, sorry to miss you at CanCon this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious mini, Barks! I love the checkered paint pot...is it non toxic? The invisible paint made me hallucinate! ;) nice work on the Gibbons skin tone too!

    ReplyDelete