Monday 13 March 2023

From Curt: 10mm Pistoliers for Warhammer Fantasy (III of VII) (48 Points)

Thank you Peter for letting me under the red lanyard and muck in with the rest of your Monday crew. Also, hats off to you for once again serving as a faithful minion to this barely organized madness that we call The Challenge. I forever enjoy your clever pulp posters and Tuesday greetings, and you always have something thoughtful to say to each of your charges (and sometimes its even nice and helpful). ;) Thanks again mate, you were terrific.

Okay, this post number three to my ever-expanding Empire army. Today we have a regiment of Pistoliers trotting into line as reinforcements. 

These guys are basically the Warhammer equivalent of Renaissance 'Reiters'. Historially these chaps would use their heavy pistols to roll up and attempt to break up enemy formations, softening them up for the charge. Usually they would be in fairly tight, regimented formations called a 'caracole,' but these fellows are in a more flexible, skirmish formation. 

Again, I put in a clump of trees for a bit of fun (and it saves me from filling the base with figures). 

Aaand a gratuitous, as-it-stands-now, group shot of the force.

As to points, there are 16 of these Reiters in this unit, which should give me 48 points.

Thanks for popping in for a look. Maybe see you tomorrow with another reinforcement for the Empire!

- Curt

I do like these guys Curt, they have some added style to the normally utilitarian Reiter look.  Excellent basing and tree too.  I look forward to riding these guys into the dust on table.

Happy to Minion MONDAY for you Curt. My MONDAY crew is a great bunch who've produced some top shelf work and two Minions' Choice awards.  Nothing like that unruly bunch that Tamsin fails to control on Tuesday.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for squeezing me in with your elite Monday crowd, Peter. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. It seems the year for smaller scaled stuff, eh?

      Delete
  3. Ah, I was hoping you had these fellows in the wings, Curt! These are my favorite Empire unit besides the great swords! I like how you have them based in a more open formation. I always used mine to get close and wheel away like a fantasy drive-by! ;) although you say the basing is for missing troops, I find it is almost a diorama of free wheeling youths looking for trouble on a battlefield...like certain Cuirassiers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Yes, they're a favourite of mine as well. Funny, I'm just looking for a good 10mm proxy for my Greatswords. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful project Curt, great finale to your Challenge contribution this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benito! There will be a few more things from me over the next few days. :)

      Delete
  5. No bloody turnips though . Oh no .. very nice little uns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'll see what I can dig up for you for tomorrow... ;P

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work mate, they look amazing. How good do the Warmaster minis look en masse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy! The old Warmaster minis are fabulous en masse. The last shot is composed of mostly GW Warmaster castings. Also here is the kick-off entry and the knights:

      https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/03/from-curt-first-group-of-10mm-units-for.html

      https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/03/from-curt-10mm-empire-knights-ii-of-vii.html

      Delete
  7. Lovely work on the wee chaps, Curt! :)

    @ Peter - I'll have you know that the Tuesday Terrors are a fantastic bunch, even if it does take an over-strength cleaning team to clear up after Martin's points-bombs hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More fine Empire troops! I like the pistoliers, and I also like the way you use the colour scheme to bring the whole army together. Well done, Curt! Looking forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martijn! I thought having a consistent livery would be good for the tabletop.

      Delete
  9. Excellent looking Empire lights and really nice basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are brilliant Curt I've always loved seeing your fantasy figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kerry! I'm delighted you like them.

      Delete
  11. More fantastic Empire work dude, it looks amazing. Must have been a bit of a trick to get those mounted strips divided?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. Actually it wasn't bad with these guys. Sprue snippers do the trick. Some of the knights can be a b*tch being attached to one another, nose to tail.

      Delete
  12. Looking like a proper army, that is!

    ReplyDelete