Monday 13 March 2023

KenR : Just for Peter - 28mm Spanish Italian Wars Infantry (110 pts)

Its been all about the ships this Challenge, which was supposed to be a massive purge on my Spanish Italian Wars pile of metal opportunity. I'll let you decide if its been a failure or not.

So as its the last day for our hard working Minion, who has been nagging me for some Italian Wars stuff all Challenge I thought I would do a last Monday Post for Peter, with some of the elusive Spanish.

This is my progress to date on my first Colunela which will end up being 60 figures, 32 Pike, 16 Shot and 12 Sword and Buckler. I've managed to get 12 S and B and 8 Shot done so far and hope to have the whole Colunela done before Challenge End.

The figures are from the relatively new North Star Range and are based on my standard 60 x 50 bases with 4 figures for a Shot Base and 6 for the Sword, so thats 20 x 28mm Foot figures at 5 Points each giving me another 100 points.

Brewing for the Free for All Weekend I hope to finish this unit off, finish the Prinz Eugen and I also have a bunch of 10mm Malburian I have been doing on the side to put in for scoring.

That just leaves me to thank Peter for all the hard work he has done as our Minion on the Monday Crew. This Challenge only works due to the volunteers like Peter that make it happen, so thank you 👍


My gosh Hell Hath Freezeth Over!  I wouldn't have nagged you if you didn't keep promising them.  But definitely worth waiting for.  These are an excellent bunch of efficient looking Spanish infantry, ready to loot the Italian boot. I am not familiar with the North Star range but will be checking it out shortly.  Love the basing too.

Since you did it just for me I've upped your points a bit.  Now give us the rest of the unit.

27 comments:

  1. And very nice they look too Ken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, my original plan was for tons of these this Challenge, I got sidetracked 🤣

      Delete
  2. They look fabulous Ken. I'm definitely wanting to get some of those newish North Start models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet looking Spaniards, Ken! I like the colors and basing very much! Very fine work! These fellows must have kept you sane after the nautical etched brass! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, the thought of photo etch on Wargames Figures 😆

      Delete
  4. There I was expdction a Spanish Galleon,,, grand job Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking models here Ken, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these almost as much as your ships! 😉 Your productivity is amazing, and these look very good too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice Ken, a good job on great figures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking Spanish, I have been enjoying the ships to though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking Spaniards! Love these figures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work, they'll sink when they hunt the Bismarck!

    ReplyDelete