Sunday 24 December 2023

From BruceR: Tank Crew and Spanish Guerilla - For 'Front Desk' and 'History' (80pts)

Holiday greetings to one and all (especially miniature painters).   It's great to be back.   I was able to sneak away from work on Friday afternoon and started my challenge journey.

I'm entering the Analogueville Public Library  at the front desk with five British tank crew recently given to me by a 3d printing friend.  They are TrenchWorx files and have great character.  One has his ride and the other four wait the completion of their steeds.  I much prefer my armor to have figures on board as it gives the AFV so much more character to have leaders and drivers on board. I painted US crew  last challenge and they really bring the vehicles to life. 














 

I propose 10 points as they are 28mm, yet only half a body, plus the Front desk + new acquisitions. 

 

Walking through the shelves I naturally head to the history section.  Here I journey into Napoleons ulcer, Spain.  These figures are North Star and from the Spanish guerrilla section.  I enjoy painting these figures as they are bulky, making painting easy, and the guns tend not to bend.  These six add another group to my Sharp Practice Spanish forces.  Who would not wish to go into battle sporting a top hat.  Hope you like them. 
















 

Here I have 6 28mm for 30 points plus proposing the History section of the library for 50 total. 

 

Points

10 points for 5 half figure 28mm

20 points for the Front Desk

30 points for 6 28mm figures

20 points for the History section

 

80 points Total

It's Christmas and here is my gratuitous puppy shot (my son is home with his black and whites)


_____________________________

First, great puppy shot, Bruce! What a house-full you have with those lovely K9s in the mix!

These minis look terrific. The tank leaders are awesome. As you say, they will bring some added character and life your Commonwealth armour. I also really like your Spanish Guerrillas, especially the two with the patterned blankets over their shoulders. I'm going to have to pick up a set of those to augment my collection - thanks for bringing these to our attention is such a smashing fashion. 

Merry Holidays!

- Curt

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely superb! The blankets are brilliant and really look the part

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb start to your challenge mate and I do love the puppy shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely puppies and great figures, love the guerrillas!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entries, I really like those guerillas. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top hat will add a spot of class to any battlefield. Great work on both sets of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both the tank chaps and the Spanish great way to get your first points on the board, nice paint work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Bruce, the tank commanders are superb!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Bruce. I always like to see characters added to tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I like humans on vehicles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start to the Challenge 👍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work! Always nice to see historicals. Do the bottle caps provide any extra armour bonus?

    ReplyDelete