Wednesday 27 December 2023

From KyleC - Death Guard LI Vehicles - 'New Acquisitions' (110pts)


So first post of a new year and it's going to be this new fandangled scale from Games Workshop. Though this was all 3d printed in prep for the challenge and also cause the boxset was sitting under the tree waiting to be opened. 

So I have been playing with the color scheme a bit on a few other bits before tackling this mad batch of more usable bits. 

I figured after talking to the local club members that Rhinos would be useful. So here are 20 of them waiting for their riders to get done. 

Was the first time trying to put decals on such a small scale and I think they came out decently. 

These were fun mostly cause I have recently tried to bring flyers back into my other games with less than stellar results. So hopefully these flyers will do better in bulk and give me some new playing opportunities.. 

Now this is the flyer I tried in Horus Heresy (HH) 28mm and it failed horribly by being shot out of the sky first shot as it came on the table. I can honestly say I had to take 5 to recover from that as it was my newest painted model and really wanted to make pew pew and vroom vroom noises with it on the table. Sad picaku face when seeing it crash and do nothing...

So now I have 6 for the epic version of HH and am curious on how they might play out now. 

No idea how these will do but I know that they don't have files for them yet. But the Deredeos seem to be decent so though a unit of 5 would be cool. 

And the last model type are the Sicarians. This gives me 2 units of 4 which should be fun. I like using them in the HH 28mm gaming. But again I have no idea how they might fare in LI now. 

So overall this gives me 45 vehicles in 6-8mm scale, scoring some 90pts to kickstart the challenge with. Now to begin to prep for my minion duties come January! 

_________________________________

First, welcome back to the Challenge, Kyle, and thank you for serving as our Sunday Minion!

I was wondering when we'd see the first Legions Imperialis entry as it's one of the new shiny things to come out of GW recently. These Death Guard look fabulous (the 3d prints are awesome). I especially like your use of the vibrant green accent and ace vehicle decals to give them some visual interest. Smashing work!

- Curt

23 comments:

  1. Very cool Kyle! The variation of colour placement really works and the palette is suitably icky without looking dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a struggle for the icky factor without overdoing it at this scale. Had to redo a few before I got it right.

      Delete
  2. these look so cool Kyle, love the colour scheme, looking forward to seeing more of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got plenty of them in the wings to get done. So I suspect will see a lot of them over the coming weeks!

      Delete
  3. Your 30K Deathguard look cool, though they are very tiny. The dirty beige and green works well on these vehicle squadrons. Hopefully your gunships will have more impact on the table in LI instead of just impacting on the table like in HH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope they do better than in the 28mm versions 🤣 but I haven't put in as much effort to these as I did to it so I won't be as heart broken if they fail so badly.

      Delete
  4. Great start and excellent force Kyle. A buddy is pushing me towards the evil LI, yet I can't fiddle with building the minis from GW. Will have to be 3d print if at all. Your colors look great and should be a cracking force. I have long since sent the minis packing but have the rules and all the army cards from the original Epic. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evil is the way to go 😈 and agreed that some of the GW ones are over engineered for assembly and the printed ones arr well ahead of them.

      Delete
  5. Very nice- can one enquire where the stls may be found?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can be found on cults. Or we can chat and I can help you out with some. Many of them were free and just needed a bit of rescaling.

      Delete
  6. That's a cool looking force Kyle, love the massed effect in this scale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks amazing at this scale. Haven't played at this scale before but should be fun.

      Delete
  7. Man, you are rocking that Legions boat here; great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping some mini 40k would be in the Challenge, you've done a top job on it 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey Kyle, once again you are cracking on at a pace! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for getting ahead of the game! The different colour identifiers on the rhinos works particularly well at this scale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Kyle, and a very cool and effective colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These prints have turned out very nicely and you've done a great job with these, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool looking force. Well done!

    ReplyDelete