Thursday 11 January 2024

From JamesM: Necromunda Beastmen and Robodogs (37 points)

Hello again folks,

My first post of this challenge - thought I should get my finger out and get something painted before I get kicked out!

The first models completed for 2024 for me have been a couple of extras for my Beastman Necromunda gang (painted last challenge). This gang has played a few games and had some good wins, and is expanding - we're playing a 'perpetual' campaign and this gang has actually ascended to the next 'tier', restricting it's competition against newer gangs. I use the rules for Goliaths, effectively making this a chaos tainted Goliath gang.  

With such success and expansion, I needed a couple more gangers and a proxy figure for a 'Stimmer' champion. 

In true form for 'every model is a Necromunda model' the Stimmer proxy is actually some sort of Age of Sigmar model which I picked up as a freebie. Horns, etc, were added as were twin axes, in an effort to make it fit in with my other beastmen. It's a bit skinny compared to my other leader and champion models, but will do for now. 

The other two models are GW beastmen plastics with a couple of Necromunda Goliath arms and other weapons added. Holstered stub pistols came courtesy of MartinC's spare enforcer bits. 




Two other models given quick paint jobs are these random robodog things I was given years ago. Plastic kits which I think were a giveaway on a Wargames Illustrated front cover. I'll no doubt find some use for these in my games. 




Points wise, the two smaller beastmen figures I have counted as 28mm (10 points), the larger champion as a 40mm (7 points) and the two robodogs as 28mm crew served weapons (given their size, so 20pts). For a total of 37 points.

TeemuL: Welcome back to the Challenge, James! Beastmen and robodogs, one might wonder if they are in some bizarre way related to each other... Well, may be not related, but some kind of hybrids anyway. The robodogs look surprisingly good considering your limited palette, no doubt they will haunt in the dark corners of your Necromunda terrain ready to tear apart the opposing gang. The beastmen look like they can handle any situation, too. And I like their skin colour!

17 comments:

  1. Great beastmen James. I like the use of them as gangers for your campaign. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back James! Great work on these figures. Beastmen with Stub Pistols and robe dogs sound like things best avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice beastman figures, the robodogs are great models too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The GW beastmen plastic kits were some of my favourite; these look great for feral warriors of the distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, James! Really like these non-human gangers - very nasty and feral looking. Basing is excellent as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work James. I got those dogs too, I believe it was Tabletop Gaming magazine. Lovely models and definitely suitable for Necromunda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Every model is a Necromunda model.' I like that, it really speaks to the depth of the setting that you can use pretty much anything for it. You've certainly proved that point with these figures. The conversions on the Beastmen are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool, I love this comp simply because you get to see figures that would not normally be part of my gaming, wonderful painting skills. I really like the robo dogs very nice indeed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always great to see more Beastie Boys in the Challenge James - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your painting style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back James, great to see you get some points on the table 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. very characterful figures I really like the beastmen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always good to see abhumans still out in the 40K world as I remember them all fondly from rogue trader!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool to see these unusual Necromunda subjects. Love the Beastmen.

    ReplyDelete