Thursday 11 January 2024

From TomS: 20mm WW2 Marder [Overdue and returns] (35 points)

Hi

This is my first post ever in the challenge so I thought I would start with something very odd!

This Marder has been sitting on my painting desk for at least 2 years? don't even know where its from or how it got there. But while I have been waiting for basing materials for my normal 28mm and 15mm stuff I decided to paint it at last.

Image

Image

Image

 Now for the elephant in the room, yes it isn't really in proper Eichenlaubmuster etc etc. but I thought I would play with some abstract designs based on a few pieces of art such as those of Piet Mondrian but making sure that the Marder would look perfectly normal if photographed in black and white! 

So without further ado I present a perfectly normal photograph of a Marder crica 1942!

Image 

So points claimed:

20mm Vehicle - 15pts

Over due section of library - 20pts

Total - 35pts

TeemuL: Welcome to the Challenge Tom! Well, your Marder really is something to start a Challenge. I like your out of the box thinking and extra job to make it look good in black and white. It is gems like these that really make the Challenge worth to follow! I have seen couple of indie rules recently, where this tank would feel like home, but I don't remember the names now... And I just managed to squeeze you in for this week. :)

12 comments:

  1. Brutl! is one of the tank games where your Marder would likely fit very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'll take a look at it, got a few more unpainted tanks somewhere so could embrace this Chaotic design!

      Delete
  2. Excellent entry Tom and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trompe l'oeil on the camp Tom. The B&W looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worthy of the National Gallery, a fine job Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second the comment on the black and white. What a great way to take us into the piece as a wargame fan, I always like to be transported into the world of the piece.

    ReplyDelete