Thursday 4 January 2024

From KentG: 28mm Napoleonic French, French knights, library bonus historical (820 Points)

Well a week has gone by so fast a happy new year to everyone.
I have been really enjoying the many varied and wonderful posts over 
The past few day and I’m sure there will be many more to come.

I took advantage of the few days off I had to enjoy some rather long 
painting sessions This time we have French French and more French
Mostly Napoleonic but also French knights all 28mm and all 
Perry Miniatures A mix of metals and plastics 


First off the rack one of my favorite's, dragoons, I have
Another 3-4 boxes of these so we might see some more. 
these chaps are the 22nd Regiment




Next up French hussars I wasn’t sure I’d get these completed but another 
11 hour painting painting session saw them across the line




Next up there ADCs, 
this is the first time in all the French armies I’ve painted that I 
have done these and I must admit I really like these minis






There are three infantry Command figures,
 one of the photos is at the bottom of the page. I have already done 
way to many of these, so who knows what I’ll do with these chaps






Then we have imperial guard, these are Perry metals first time 
 painting these chaps in Perry metals always used victrix 
but I really like them and man the bases have some weight to them



Now for the artillery this is the final add on to my French 
guns which I already have 14 Done before the comp started,
I love artillery, way too much fun, not sure I need 
22 guns but what the heck


First up a 6pdr for my guards division 
This is the horse artillery, I love these figures, 
really are beautifully sculpted 



Then we have 2 x 6pdrs and 1 x 12 pdr for my guards division 
Just need to paint the division now.


Next up 2 x 6pdrs to add to my artillery park



Now for the 2 big boys in the toy box
 2 x 12pdrs with the larger crew 
Oh to much fun



Another command figure that decided to pop in a different place, 
Don’t know about you but painting command figures always seems like
The best part of painting a new army




Then we have 12 French knights 
These chaps will head out the door to their new home tomorrow 
These are Lovely Perry plastics, it’s so much fun painting the heraldry 
Always a challenge but so satisfying when you pull it off






So for points we have
  • 42 x 28mm cavalry for 420 pts
  • 60 x 28mm  infantry for 300pts
  • 8 x 28mm artillery pieces for 80 pts (not sure had a check looks like 10pms each)
  • Library history 20pts for the French knights
        Total 820pts

From Millsy: If there's an ideal way to start work as a minion in 2024 then curating THIS monster post is it. What a points bomb Kent, and such quality to go with the quantity! Having chatted a couple of times over the last week whilst we painted I had some idea what was waiting in the wings but that did nothing to diminish the wow factor when I opened this up to review.

I won't even try to pick a favourite unit from amongst such an array of quality work but will make special mention of the dragoons, ADC with leopard saddle cloth and Imperial Guard all of which really faire flotter mon bateau.

Congrats mate on a stonking 820 point bomb which blasts you past 1000 points and your initial target to boot!

48 comments:

  1. Spectacular. You quality and output are always a shock to the system

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, hopefully not to much of a shock.

      Delete
  2. It is just... When quality meets quantity, I get speechless. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's some output, quality and quality, award yourself a medal 🏅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a challenge to up the speed and keep the quality. Lets see how we go from here now that I'm fully back to work

      Delete
  4. Holy crap, a huge paint bomb with great quality too boot!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look back over my past years and it was my largest points bomb by about 200points which I don't think I'll be able to beat in a hurry

      Delete
  5. What an awesome bunch of figures, I can't choose which I like the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanders, I've got so fun ones coming up soon

      Delete
  6. Kaboom - as ever Kent .. great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One has a wee reputation to uphold, even it it's most likely the only bomb i'll drop now that I'm back to work

      Delete
  7. Blimey, what a points throw down. They don't look rushed either, some great painting here. I wish my Napoleonics looked this good and I spent months on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to remember that I paint every day and have for 18 plus years, I pump out thousands of figures in a year, so this is just a little above my normal pace. I thing I say is if your happy with the figures you paint what does it matter what others do. As long as their painting inspires you to keep at it. I'm always looking to learn new things. Thanks for your king comment

      Delete
  8. Yes "bam" massive post and especially enjoyed looking at the Napoleonic's. I agree painting command figures is best. Loved the look of your Guard figures. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jez as long as i get them completed you will like the next post then

      Delete
  9. Wow, massive paint bomb! Excellent Frenchmen of both eras.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a bomb. Great brush work Kent. The dragoons and hussars are superb, as are all the submissions. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce I'm hoping to complete some lancers next, first of three lots of them

      Delete
  11. Fantastic figures great basing. very envious of the brush work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ian so glad you like them

      Delete
  12. Wow, great work and fast! No idea how you sit for such long painting sessions, I can't keep going past an hour or two at a time. What a great looking huge group of figures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes practice you build up over years of painting. I also painted full time for a year, it forced me to work out how I could paint for much longer periods with losing concentration and keeping quality at a high level.

      Delete
  13. WOW so Much Great stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cracking figures - especially like how you have done your horses. Great brushwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, horses are my favourite thing to paint, which is good as I still have a few hundred that are undercoated ready to cross the desk

      Delete
  15. That's just brilliant, a superb entry, excellent Hussar Sabretaches, what blue did you use for the Guard? its really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that someone noticed those wasn't sure I took a good enough photo

      Delete
    2. The blue for the Guard is 50/50 Dark Prussian blue, German grey, then 50/50 Prussian blue, dark grey the final highlight is 50/50 Prussian blue, London grey. Sorry it too me a while to answer your question hope that helps, Oh the colors look odd until all 3 layers are on.

      Delete
  16. Wow, this post just kept going! I particularly like the leopardskin and the dragoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks barks I quite like painting the leopard skin, might also have a box or two more of dragoons to go to.

      Delete
  17. Truly impressive work on all fronts, quality and quantity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Tom lets see if i still have fingers and eyes in three months

      Delete
  18. Amazing. Wonderful work Kent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me Curt, slightly crazy mixed in with a wee bit of madness

      Delete
  19. That’s a whole challenge output in one post! Love the leopard skin saddle, little touches like that really elevate armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say one does his best to walk the line of insanity balancing a brush in one hand and life in the other

      Delete
  20. That is an amazing host of Frenchmen. Well done, Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much I glad you like them, more to come

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fantastic entry, great job! I particularly like the ADC miniature dismounting, very characterful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, When I first started him I wasn't sure if it would turn out ok, but I'm really pleased with the end result

      Delete
  23. Two weeks from undercoated to finished - very impressive. Great looking models.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It just reveals my madness runs deep, and I had a few spare days to paint 11 hours a day, which does help

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic submission. Neat to see all these different French subjects. Love the French armoured chivalry.

    ReplyDelete