Thursday 4 January 2024

From StuartL - Currahee! - Overdue & Returns + Sarah's Library Cart (100 Points)

Hello all,

    My first of two posts today is covering the Overdue and Returns section. During last year's challenge I decided to finish off my US Airborne for Bolt Action that I had initially started during 2020's quarantine challenge. About this time last year, I posted up the final set of minis for my army, or so I thought. When it came time to post, I realised that I had missed a few figures and support weapons. D'oh!
    So here, finally, I have the end of my Bolt Action army.
   

    These have all been painted using the same paints (Vallejo) as my previous entries and represent the last few models from my army case. All of the figures are from Warlord Games' range of minis. Some of the barrels on the guns are very fragile and bend or snap easily. The kneeling figure with the carbine on the left side of the picture has had to have his weapon repaired with a barrel trimmed from a plastic kit after the metal piece snapped off.


    To support my force I have an MMG Team, a Light Mortar Team and an Observer (taken from the mortar team). The MMG gunner in the rear has also had a barrel replaced due to the very soft metal used for the minis.


    These figures will go on to join the models already done and should be the end of the army. Of course, no army is ever really finished, so at some point I might add in some armoured support to represent the US forces that pushed inland from the D-Day beaches to link up with the airborne troops.

    With those figures out of the way and the first section of the challenge library completed, it is time to move on. Another short hop on the library cart should see me into the next section where there is a statue to paint.


    This rather stern looking woman is from Reaper Bones' range of NPC's. I foresee her giving an adventuring party a hard time for the lack of proper morals and poor manners.

For scoring:
11x28mm minis (2 prone) = 55 points
Overdues and Returns = 20 points
Sarah's Library Cart = 20 points
TOTAL = 95 Points


From Millsy: Good to see I am not the only one painting Bolt Action stuff this year Stuart. Seeing your wonderful European theatre stuff is a pleasant change from all my sand and sun I have to say! I've been replacing barrels too for the same reason and although it is extra effort up front it pays dividends down the track.

Lovely work on these, both the uniforms and the basing. I'm sure they will provide Jerry a real challenge hiding amongst the hedgerows and springing the odd surprise especially with a nun in tow to rap a few knuckles with a ruler!

100 points for your total including an extra 5 for the barrel swaps. 

15 comments:

  1. Smashing WW2 stuff mate, and your right that woman is pretty scary 😨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking entry and nice progress on the Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice submission Stuart. The thin barrels are a bane. Your fixes are excellent. The Npc is quite stern. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the paras. Very stern looking nun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work on those BA figures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work, and congrats on finishing off the army (for the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on (possibly) finishing an army. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work Stuart. Gosh, I had almost forgotten about our Quarantine Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking job on these chaps they really look the part, congrats on completing the army.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job with these Airborne Stuart, I prefer the older Warlord metals, shame so many casualties were suffered before action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool submission. It is always nice to complete a project.

    ReplyDelete