Thursday 4 January 2024

From ArthurS: A fresh start (45 points)

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to finally finish my black orc team this year, so that I could start the new year fresh with other projects. After two years sitting on my paintingdesk I am glad the team is finally done.







My captain Glark has a mushroom on his base, that is actually a failed print from my father's 3D printer. 




The goblin with the moon on his back is officially part of the regular goblin team, not the Black Orc team but I traded the goblin that was originally part of the all-goblin team with Dad.

I recently got a box of AoS Lizardmen and I have had a Lizardman Blood Bowl team for some time. I would now like to paint them, so I made a test model for both my BB team and the Seraphon. Different and contrasting colours feel the most Lustria to me, so I gave the Saurus itself yellow with blue spikes and the armor red with green ornaments. At a later date I will use this scheme for my Lizardmen army as well, to be used to play Mordheim and Warhammer The Old World. 





Recently a friend of mine came to play DND and asked if I could paint this model for her, so I did that. I made the big sword green as if it is a magic sword. I wanted to try that technique for a long time because I have seen people do that on the power swords of the Space Marines. I think it's a Reaper figure.



For points I think that 9 miniatures in 28mm would get me 45 points to get me started this Challenge.

Currently I am working on my other lizardmen, both the team as well as the Saurus Warriors, so they will hopefully appear here soon. Goodbye for now!


Arthur

TeemuL: These look great, the Orcs are especially very neat! You definitely have gotten new skills during the years. Your Saurus looks good, as you said, very Lustrian colours. All the best with the rest of the team and army. And the very nice magic sword wielder to make it nine models, a nice start for you and a nice start for Thor's days. I'll add "Sarah's Choice" to your tags because of the female miniature.

39 comments:

  1. Hi Arthur - great models and I LOVE your Blood Bowl figures in particular. I traded some the goblins with son Reilly Reilly too. I hope the team plays well for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Paul, thanks. I have great fun with the Orcs but am now painting up my lizardmen and am curious how they play.

      Delete
  2. Arthur, these are fantastic, great to see your talent emeerge over the last few challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice figures Arthur. I love the repurposed 3d print failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Arthur!
    I love the magic green sword!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady Sarah, it was my first try at something harder then regular layers of colour.

      Delete
  5. Great work and I’m impressed that you’re already getting a backlog of figures that stretches across the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my Dad takes care of that, I suspect he buys me something everytime he buys himself something he doesn't really need...

      Delete
  6. Excellent work Arthur! Off to a great start, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. yes I am so happy they are finally done!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous work, Arthur. Your brush style is really coming forward. I especially like the Ork/Goblin Blood Bowl players, but I also like what you did with that fantasy figure for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Curt, the Challenge is a real inspiration to try and improve myself.

      Delete
  9. Cool - I love the green sword

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Dave, will we see you in Antwerp at crisis this year?

      Delete
  10. Great figures Arthur. I really like the BB greenskins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Btw, there is at least one skull on the BB gobbo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Blood Bowl! Particularly the goblins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I am happy with how they turned out

      Delete
  13. Great looking entry Arthur, you must be really please with the way they turned out and always good to get a project off the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent work Arthur. Once again you have come back after the break with more painting skills. Love the magic sword.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool looking figures, the Lizardman is ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I am now painting up his teammates!

      Delete
  16. Nice figures. I love colorful lizard scenes. Definitely never too early to start building a lead mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am under way to build a big plastic mountain indeed!

      Delete
  17. Hi Arthur, good to see you back again, great painting again, its always good to see what you produce, I especially like the Goblins

    ReplyDelete
  18. These Blood Bowl sculpts are fantastic and you've done a great job with these, you should be proud to have the team completed :)

    ReplyDelete