Sunday 28 January 2024

From PeteF: Le Petit Caporal - My First Minifg of Challenge XIV - Famous Person (25 points)

 


Halfway through January and I'd not removed a single Minifig from Lead Mountain.  Time to fix that and at the same time honour our good friend Ridley Scott. I'm not sure that the director fully captured the complexities of the life of the Corsican Fiend/Colossus of the Nineteenth Century - depending on your point of view.

This sculpt is an old rendering of "Jupiter Scapin" (look it up) from the 1980s. It is in God's True Scale - 25mm.  It depicts the The Corsican Ogre standing in his greatcoat - a garment that earned him the soubriquet "Redingote Gris" because he was always seen wearing it on campaign. 

This depicts Boney before he became Fleshy.  I do wonder what The Man of Destiny would have made of Ridley "fast-and-loose" Scott's rendering of his life.  Based on comments in Napoleonic Wargaming Facebook Groups (and those people know things), The Devil's Favourite would likely think the film somewhat inaccurate - At least The Monster would  have a good answer to Scott's "Were you there?" question.

My white cat has been using the light box for napping (geddit?). Apologies for the less than professional hairs that keep making it into my pictures.  

This is one single 25mm figure for 5 points and for a shameless points grab, the library section bonus of 20 points for a total of 25 points.

If you have any other names for The Tiny Tyrant - please include in the comments section.


Great work here Pete, and your cat is not the only one to enjoy the spotlight treatment... at least thats what I assume my cat is doing as she tries to jump up whenever I prep my photo area! 

Wonderful work on Le Petit Caporal, and a great entry for the section. Well done!

25 pts added!
Kyle

9 comments:

  1. Lovely work on this venerable sculpt! I have yet to see M. Ridley's flic, and I'm a bit wary from what I have heard so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - it's not great but was still visually stunning and I like going to see a film and for this one my wife joined me. She enjoyed it and was completely unbothered by Napoleon drawing his sword and joining a last ditch cavalry charge at Waterloo, along with many other questionable bits.

      Delete
  2. I love those vintage Minifigs. Two massive thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful Minifig. Being totally ignorant of the Napoleonic period, I probably will stream the film and enjoy the visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painted Old School Minifig, probably matching well with any "modern" 1/72 range

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great old school figure. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see a minifig rendition of the Corsican Ogre. We saw the film on its release day. Visually stunning, but everything else was pretty awful (many of the battle scenes made me cringe - and not in a 'good' way).

    ReplyDelete