Thursday 29 February 2024

From RayR: Famous Person/Statue - El Cid 25mm (35 points)

 

For this post I'm dipping my toes into Section 2 of the Challenge Library and landing on........

Famous Person: The plaque says it all.



I searched through my unloved leadpile to see what I could use for a statue and found a few suitable figures, but needed some kind of plinth. Then at Cavalier last Sunday I saw some for sale from Iron Gate Studios, a swift purchase was made! 


Irongate also sell a range of  very nice looking figures El Cid and the Reconquista. So another purchase was made, and the unloved figures from my pile of shame were put back in the box! 



If you're gonna paint of figures for the Reconquista, why not go straight to the man of the hour Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, himself!! Of course otherwise known as El Cid.


Iron Gate's version of El Cid

Not really sure on the points for this one?
Its definitely 20 Bonus points and 10 for 1 x 25mm mounted figure
then its whatever Teemu wants to give me for the plinth?

TeemuL: Excellent statue, Ray! I really like the patina effect you achieved on the statue. I agree your definitions on the points, they are definitely correct. I think I'll give you 5 points more for the plinth and the very nice effect (including the hand painted shield). I have been quite strict with bonus points this Challenge, so I have plenty of them left. :)

26 comments:

  1. Very nice Ray - good idea too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking statue,smart work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great statue, Ray! I like the bronze effect. And I’m with Teemu, the shield looks magnificent 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice statue Ray, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great mini to use for a statue; and your patina effect is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Ray. Favorite movie as a youngster, El Cid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, I've seen the film so many times.

      Delete
  7. Very nice weathering and plinth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great ray, the statue is so well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,nicely done on the weathering Ray. That plint has some great textures

    ReplyDelete