Wednesday 28 February 2024

Zombicide, Greeks, Fallout, terrain, and Trucks! (446 points)

Hello! Hello! This is another Mish Mash of miniatures painted. I will begin in Section One with the "Children's Books" topic. I painted a metal Reaper miniature, The Magician. It looks like the old comic, Mandrake The Magician. The comic strip began in 1934 and ran until 2013.








I made my way to Section Two and made a stop at the Local History topic for some research on the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, Arizona. There are quite a few characters to read about such as Wyatt Earp and the Earp brothers, The McLaury brothers, Big Nose Kate, Sheriff Stilwell, Doc Holliday and so much more! Doc Holliday was a gambler, gunfighter, and dentist. Below is Zombicide Undead or Alive miniature of Doc in the movie "Tombstone" sculpt. 






Afterward, I moved on down to  Section 4 The Rotunda. I stopped by the Literature Topic and picked up a very cool Star Wars Novel by Timothy Zahn. He is responsible for The Star Wars Thrawn series(3 books). Very well written and anyone into the Star Wars lore will have a blast reading his books. I painted the Star Wars Imperial Assault Grand Admiral Thrawn miniature. Of course, this miniature game ended in 2019, but the miniatures are still available.








I was feeling crafty so I stopped in the DIY topic and began to build some easy-to-make miniature wargaming "mountains" I cut up insulation foam, which you can find at any hardware store. Shaped them up to my liking and glued them together. I added drywall spackle for texture. Primed them up and added the color. Dry brushed them and added some tufts. Done! 

Before:





After:
 











I used the "cube" rule for scoring. I put "Robb" (32mm) next to the terrain for size comparison. But, I will leave this up to you, Greg.

I would sacrifice "Janie," a Zombicide Undead or Alive Survivor for using The Library Cart. I would skip over to Section 3 and check out the Saguaros of Arizona in the Nature" topic. I love my State 48! 

The cacti were printed from my Elegoo Neptune Pro 3D Printer. I figure they can also be scored as scatter terrain. 







Ok. I will end my tour of the Library there! Next are the miniatures I painted during the 3 weeks from my last turn-in.
 
The Great Zanzibar from Zombicide Black Plague. Aka Freddy Mercury of one of the best rock bands of all time, Queen!




Mitch from Zombicide Rue Morgue, has seen it all. I wonder if he ever met Negan?





Please welcome, Rob(aka Kevin Costner from the movie Open Range) from Zombicide Undead or Alive.





Ok, next I painted up some Fallout Wasteland miniatures. I introduce to you, Moira Brown, Three Dog, and Lucas Sims!

Moira Brown




Three Dog!!!!




Lucas Sims






I always like to change the pace when painting minis. So I painted this Footsore miniature from the Mortal Gods game, Phatis, Athenian Promachos. 





Next are more Greeks!!!! I have here 14 Greeks. I am only 5 Greek minis away from completing the Warlord Games Greek Starter Army!!! I admit this is fun, but also a lot of work!






I have finally completed all the Zombicide Toxic City zombies(17)! Thanks to this cool paint challenge! Here is the rest of them! Yay!





A close-up of the Abomination



I finished 8 more Zombicide Undead or Alive "Runners"





I live in Arizona and I will admit this beast would be a nightmare to deal with! I painted a Zombicide Undead or Alive Abomination, The Cactus Queen. This mini stands well over 54mm! Check it out!









Next, I painted 2 15mm trucks from Team Yankee. 

















SCORING:
28/32mm x 47 = 235pts.
15mm Vehicles = 16pts.
54mm(Cactus Queen) x 1 = 10pts.
Children's Book Topic = 20pts.
Local History Topic = 20pts.
Literature Topic = 20pts.
DIY Topic = 20pts.
Library Cart = 20pts.
Nature Topic = 20pts.
Cacti Scatter terrain = 5pts.
Mountain Scatter Terrain x 3 = 60pts? (20pts each terrain. They roughly fill a 6" square cube)

Total = 446pts?

***
I guess it is, indeed, 446 points. 
 
GregB



17 comments:

  1. Wow, there's a lot of variety in this point bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great mix of minis, really nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mish mash of effort. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work over just a fortnight! Really like the cactus queen model

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent eclectic points bomb!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey that was a lot. I remember Mandrake, Master of Magic spells and illusions, from the cartoon Defenders of the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mandrake was awesome! Thank you. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Incredible variety and volume in this entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeeze Barks, what a whopper, can't choose what I like best!

    ReplyDelete