Thursday 21 March 2024

From DaveD - The what I did post

 The round up for my 13th Challenge is a decent one . I always have a rough plan for Autumn/Winter and it has helped to make sure all the existing long term projects have had some brush time and a few other new diversions have been started . 

My table currently has an refight set up on it for my 7 Days to Rhine campaign game where  my newly mustered T64s did the new toys thing a few weeks ago blowing up spectacularly. ,They will be encouraged to do better  next week when we re fight it over the same terrain . With  the other parts of my hobby room undergoing another season of storage wars  I can’t get everything completed out together so here are some reminders .

The offshoot for the Sudan sees a visit to the NWF - Last Stand at Gandamak . I really enjoyed working on this .

 

Proper size Ghurka Battalion added.

   

Colonial commanders added


The start of the Winter table project :-


I have a vision for this - and it’s coming along nicely 

 


More guns for the ACW :-


 
We are playing Antietam on Easter Sunday 

 

More firepower for the ‘Nam :-

 

Panzers and transport for NW Europe .
Our first big D  Day beach game is booked in for the 2nd April 

 

Old Guard for a commission 
I have another 20 battalion like this to do yet !.


For the Cold War gone hot project , more WarPac stuff :-


Necromunda additions :-



Apologies for not getting many UK based paint and chats up this years however there has been a family health scare  with MrsD which kept time and inclination limited  - all sorted now at least so more next year . 

Achieve your objectives comrades - or the Duke will be displeased and the hand will visit you!
 

So that is me done . I have posted every week - the painting target points wise has been met with it nearly all being actual painting not just bonus stuff and a number of collections have had some love. There are a few quick wins to do after the challenge , I need to give the 10mm AWI some attention , and of course there are still some hangers on that  will be held over until next time. I normally write out an Autumn / Winter wish list - so here is the progress , a good 50% completed 


I will see what can be moved into Spring /Summer list coming up . 

If any of you are getting your 10mm stuff from Pendraken then you might just find me making it ( yes I am talking about Miles Reidy 😂😂) as I now have a hobby job casting toy soldiers for a few hours a week . Toy soldier heaven .😀😀. 


If you are in the UK and attending Partizan in May then myself , MartinC and JamesM will have my Sudan stuff out - look for the North Riding Wargames Club - please do  pop by and say hello and help Martin to save his Egyptians .

As ever thanks must go to all the behind the scene crew here who help to make this annual event the fun it is . 

Until next time - Huzzah! 


27 comments:

  1. You had a great Challenge Dave, I particularly liked your last stand, your gurkhas and your camo work on the vehicles. Well done, and success with the spring/ summer list. Before you know it it will be December 21st!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes I think I have enough in the stash for next year already

      Delete
  2. Wonderful challenge Dave. Your Sudan stuff has been an inspiration for me. Great to see your Last Stand at Gandamak this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an output, Dave! It would have been nice to see all together on the table, but I understand your reasons. I'm not going to Salute this year, but I really would like to get there some time. But if getting in to UK is as difficult as getting a post package out of there, it might take some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - sorry about the total haul shot !

      Delete
  4. Great work Dave. I loved your Necromunda gangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - still need to get a game in with em!

      Delete
  5. Lovely stuff- Gandamak is superb and the wintery tanks and scenery are a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats an impressive haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great range of projects - multi tasking on periods and scales - very impressive. Hopefully I will go to Partizan so will make sure I stop by to say hi. Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work here Dave - I'm especially keen on the winter kit as well as Gandamack of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work as always Mr D. Love the Afghan piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had another great Challenge, Dave! The Last Stand piece was tremendous, but so was all your work. I especially liked the Battle of the Bulge winter stuff and your ACW gunline. Until next November my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have really enjoyed all my painting this year

      Delete
  11. Lovely work all around Dave. Always in awe seeing so much 10mm or small pieces being painted up. Tried a bit myself and it just is so different. Wonderful work and enjoy the hobby casting side gig! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done and lovely work. Cheers

    ReplyDelete