Thursday 14 March 2024

From KentG: Everything from Napoleonic to Custers last stand (92 pts)


This week has been a bit of a shish mash of figures
some I just really wanted to do other were either left overs from
groups of figures I'd already done for the challenge but miscalculated and
 done extra horse here and there

This first one is a wargames Illustrated 
moments in history set and was a hoot to 
paint, I had so much fun with this one


poor old Custer meets his end



This 40mm perry Miniatures, when I paint the other figures 
I had missed this one so thought I better get him done



This is another moments in history set 
by wargames illustrated, this one is another great wee set of 28mm figures



A few more pirates 28mm you can see the one with the sword
 above is on my new base that I got made, the other ones whoever glued those
 into the bases did a really good job and I can't get them apart


These figures are 28mm outlaws from the Barons wars range, 
I thought a quick easy paint but they have very fine detail and I ended up
 spending a good amount of time on them



When I did the Dragoons early on in the Challenge I mis calculated
here's the extra figures like the one below put on a base, I had to do a 
little painting on the ECW trumpeter but most had already been started before
 I realized I didn't need him to complete the unit


                Points

                2 bases of history in time 5 x 28mm = 25pts
                1 x 40mm Napoleonic foot = 7pts
                4 x pirates 28mm foot =20pts
                4 x outlaws 28mm foot = 20pts
                2 x cavalry 28mm = 20pts
                                                            Total 92 points
 

From Millsy: I was so tempted to leave the title as you typed it Kent... "Clusters last stand" is a pretty accurate description of how that played out I'd say. But if your attention to grammar is light on your skills with a brush are quite the opposite mate. The last stand is just wonderful and the lance dividing the base in two adds a nice element of theatre. 92 more well earned points for your total!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely eclectic range of figures...Napoleonic French dragoons are my favourite uniform of all time, and yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vignettes are excellent but the Dragoon and Trumpeter are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very well painted mix of vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great painting on all of these! The dragoon is particularly fine, but I really like all of them. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, beautiful brushwork on these characterful figures Kent - such vibrant colours. Excellent stuff. I've always wanted to do a revisionist vignette of Custer with him being struck off his horse by Buffalo Calf Road Woman, who was witnessed dealing the blow at the battle which lead to him being killed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work, love the catch ups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful variety of figures!

    ReplyDelete