Tuesday 16 December 2014

From DaveD - Bengal Lancers - part 2 - (132 Points)

The rest of the regiment has now been finished - a further 12 figures. 4 have had the arms removed , remade and soldered on as per the previous ones. 8 are straight casting to provide a unit ready to support their charging squadrons. Again 28mm Connoisseur figures - oldies but goodies with a bit of TLC. Lancers are certainly among my favourite troops to customise and paint so i really enjoyed this unit. The comments from the collective for the first entry were very kind thanks.


In my drunken "chained to paint desk" stupor I forgot that these lads are 8 to squadron with the last post..not 6. doh..so it 3 squadron to the regiment.

So here is the full regiment, 2 squadrons up, supports in the rear.





Guns next perhaps I think --

From Curt:
Wow, like the previous batch these are gorgeous Dave. I like that you've kept the upright lance pose as it gives that great 'in reserve' look about them. Also, I love the last few shots that show the entire regiment in all its splendour - magnificent.
 
I've given a few extra points for the 4 conversions so 132 points for these tightly turbaned fellows. Again, great work Dave.

35 comments:

  1. You certainly have done an incredible job with these and I know this had to be a lot of work.

    Congratulations on steaming into first place (until Millsy catches up again:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, time for a short rest I think!

      Delete
  2. Going to be a great army if it's all this good. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding stuff Dave. These are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say that man has done a sterling job. Everyone's a winner. Top notch ol' boy. Top notch indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive, your quality to rate is always jaw dropping good

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian, these are not too fussy to do at least. It's been a busy week though!

      Delete
  6. Big Scary Men on Big Scary Horses with Long Scary Pointy Things - there's just something about lancers that makes them hard to resist.

    Lovely work again Dave. Millsy must be quaking in his boots right now. And you are way ahead of schedule for your points target I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed , I do like lancers.. I might have to get a unit of British for the Sudan..
      Maybe on the points...but not until I get over my busy period in Jan/Feb!

      Delete
  7. A blooming well great job you've done sir. Huzzah! Or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb work - most impressive

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful unit - lovely to see these old figures made to look state of the art. I especially like the colours on the horses - you've use a similar palette on all of them but there's enough variety and the reddish hue really pops. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks Michael, the horses are done with two different undercoat colours, and then oil rub - Burnt Umber - more brown , or Burnt Sienna more red , and sometime a mix of the two - gives good variation and is incerdibly quick to do - just needs a few days to dry

      Delete
  10. Amazing work! The pennants really bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible painting work. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to remember your oil rub technique if I ever do a cavalry-heavy project again (heaven help me). The results are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. as in the previous time a great job with color and detail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely marvellous. Everything about them is wonderful Dave. If this isn't a pick for best entry of the whole Challenge I'm a monkey's uncle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy.. That would some achievement if so I think..

      Delete
  15. Wonderful.

    Now I'm just off over here to erm....

    *buys some Bengal Lancers*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grand job on these, Dave! They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete